Bartok in Symphony X??

matt_fuzzy

New Metal Member
Dec 16, 2003
In Fallen, after the guitar solo at about 4:15 (it also happens before the solo) there is a instrumental section that sounds like it comes from Bela Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra (1943-45), 5.Finale. Anyone esle heard this concerto? Because this bit sounds really cool in a progressive metal form. Has it been taken from this Bartok piece, or does it just sound frighteningly similar? :Spin:

Scourge of Amalek said:
Hah. I just got done playing the fourth Romanian Folk Dance for a piano recital last Saturday. Bartok is awesome. I'll look into that, and report back with anything I find (if I find much at all).

Wow! How cool, i just played that one not long ago, i played all six dances in a recital not long ago. That is what got me into Bartok. :)

Luis said:
Im not a fan of Béla Bartók, but the solos of "Fallen" sound very similar to his Concerto for Orchestra (last movement). Maybe coincidence??? As far as i know MJR and Pinellas arent fans of Bartok.
You might be surprised by what they're fans of. Sitting on the tour bus with them last year in Chicago, they tried to stump each other by playing classical cds & making the other guess who the composer was. They were throwing out names of obscure people I'd never even heard of..so you never know.