Bass for $400 or less

Nah it's just a piece of shit. I don't know what to get. Im about to return it, gonna look at the other pieces of crap that Guitar Center has. I also feel like I want a 5 string now. Hmm.

Rather than start a new thread I'm going to ask my question here. There is good interest in the Ibanez, but I recently came across Yamaha RBX375, but I havent really heard much on them compared to the SR300. They are both roughly the same price and I'm basically a guitarist looking for a bass for playing on the side. I guess, which would you choose and why? or why neither? These would really be the top of my budget :(

Since this thread appeared originally, I ended up checking out a few cheap bass guitars, and ended up settling with one from Rondo. The Brice with actives ran me around $270, and is an amazing bass for the price. Couldn't quite get into the Ibanez in the same price range.

Just my 2 cents.

Ah thats a good call, I think I may be looking at PhilR's spector now instead for similar reasons, an equivalent new bass similar spec'd would be too much. I don't think the Rondos are feasible to get over here unfortunately

I've got a Cort B5 in black for sale, amazing bass w/bartolini electronics. I got it dirt cheap as part of an endorsement deal I had with Cort last summer and am looking for less than what I paid for it. I only used it twice before getting my deal with Warwick and putting it back in it's case, I still love it but love my Warwick $$ that bit more and can't see such a good bass got to waste. Check out my thread on the Gear for sale forum about it or PM me for more info.

Hey Razorjack, Just found your ad there. It is a nice bass, but way out of my range unfortunately. I used a Cort before and those Bartolinis are sweet pups though

I would say grab that Spector, I was looking for one for ever but couldn't find one for a decent deal.