So i'm needing a bass to record with.

Sora01

how do mix ¯\(°_o)/¯
Oct 7, 2008
Aberdeen
Im fed up pitch shifting my guitar and not getting the quality of bass I want to go with muh axe fx

So I was wondering if i could get some recommendations.

I'm new to the bass market and haven't a clue what to look for, i like the look of http://www.dv247.com/invt/47095/ but not sure about woods etc...

Also i'd prefer it was a 5 string bass, makes things easier with me having a 7 string and possibly getting a 8 string guitar in future.

all suggestions welcome :)

Never been a huge fan of the way the Schecter's play, but that's just a personal opinion. For me the best bang for your buck for something middle of the road and reasonably priced is a high end Ibanez Soundgear (used is good). I've had a soundgear for years and they are very sturdy in my experience and play very well if set up right.

I'm gassing for a bass too, actually, and was wondering about Ibanez's BTB series... any good?
Oh, and my bassist had a low end 6 string Ibanez Soundgear that sucked, stay away from those!!! He went Carvin now, and... well... :headbang::headbang::headbang:

basses are fun - I always look forward to tracking bass, even though it hurts my fingers since I don't play it all the time. I picked up a used Hamer 5 string awhile back (ok, several years ago) with active electronics. I'd say if anything, try to shoot for active electronics; gives lots of tonal options.

Ok thanks guys, i think im going for the LTD B-5E

24013.jpg

Looks rather awesome, aswell as being mahogany :) and active as suggested

:kickass:

that thing is beautiful. I'd like to have that sucker myself!!

It seems to be pretty similar to my B-305 minus the walnut in the neck. It should be a very good bang-for-the-buck bass.