Bass mixing tip/discovery :)

Yeah you could.

Or even in the bass amps, there's often a DI thing to leave the low-end untouched.

Though if you want to be able to make the most out of it, the best would really be to use 2 tracks and then low pass/high pass them, as you can't really route stuff inside Pod Farm.

Been doing a hardware version of this on my session today.

Trace Elliot Combo with 15" speaker for the clean low's, mic'd with a E602 and a CAD M179
Ibanez TS7 into a Hartke Head with a Trace Elliot 4x10" Cab for the distored mids and high's, mic'd with a I5 and a SM7B
Bass is a Marett with soapbar pickups (no I've never heard of it either! sounds decent enough though)
Probably wont use all 4 mic's in the mix, just nice to have options.
Also grabbed a DI as a backup.

If it comes out good I might post a clip.

well, the only interface i have is a POD GX, and as my bass is such a crap one, its D.I signal is so low, that i MUST use a vst to increase its sound..so,i have to use 2 Channel's and 2 Farm's ;) With Dual Tone, i can't exactly make what i want cuz the eq in it isnt enough to make big cuts..

Been doing a hardware version of this on my session today.

Trace Elliot Combo with 15" speaker for the clean low's, mic'd with a E602 and a CAD M179
Ibanez TS7 into a Hartke Head with a Trace Elliot 4x10" Cab for the distored mids and high's, mic'd with a I5 and a SM7B
Bass is a Marett with soapbar pickups (no I've never heard of it either! sounds decent enough though)
Probably wont use all 4 mic's in the mix, just nice to have options.
Also grabbed a DI as a backup.

If it comes out good I might post a clip.

So how do you have that setup?

Bass ->
Splitter ->
(A) Trace Elliot combo,
(B) Splitter ->
[1] DI,
[2] TS7/Hartke

Or are you DI'ing and then reamping through the different amps?

hey any tips how to sidechain properly in cubase or reaper? (i should put comp on bass and send it to kick yep?, then set comp for best ducking effect:D?) Which plugins works best for you?
cheers:)

btw basss on this mp3 is massive, i like \m/.

So how do you have that setup?

Bass ->
Splitter ->
(A) Trace Elliot combo,
(B) Splitter ->
[1] DI,
[2] TS7/Hartke

Or are you DI'ing and then reamping through the different amps?

Bass is going into a DI, thru output into the Trace, which has a line out (pre-eq) that I'm sending through a reamp box into the input of the hartke.

How to get a similar sound for playing live ?
(warning, another necro-bump !)
Something I tried recently : setup a DI and a mic as usual (bass => DI => amp and effects => mic, as ahjteam said). Then use the amp's EQ to remove the lows and the console's EQ to remove the mids and highs, and patch a compressor to slam the fuck out of the DI signal, just as you would (possibly) do in the studio.

It sounded amazing ! The lows were totally in control, no more jumping notes caused by cab resonances or dead spots on the neck, no more low-frequency rumble on stage, and pretty much no phase shift issues because the cab signal wasn't interfering with the PA signal. And all we had at the moment was a shitty Behringer console with a crappy built-in comp... I'm eager to try this with decent hardware :)

Anybody else doing this ?

I didn't get totally what you were EQing.

But you remove the low-end on the amp and leave in the low-end on the DI with the console?

Yep, exactly. I always put the DI first in the signal chain, between the bass and the amp/pedals, so it captures the clean bass signal... and I basically kept the lows from the DIed channel and the mids/highs from the miked amp channel, just as I would have done in the studio.