BASS PLAYERS THREAD

come on. fuck! theres gotta be bass players on this fuckin forum. post post post!!!!!!
what kind of metal do u play? and what kind of bass. post post post!!!!!!

I'm not a bass-player, I just love to make weird sounds on it.

I just wondered, how much better do it feel to have six strings to play on versus four?
Six strings versus five?

Tantemøkken;8687272 said:
I'm not a bass-player, I just love to make weird sounds on it.

I just wondered, how much better do it feel to have six strings to play on versus four?
Six strings versus five?
honestly... ive never played a five string. i prefer six over four though because the neck on a six is flatter. the rounded neck on a 4 string makes my thumb bend all wierd and then i get the feeling in my thumb that u get when u hit ur funny bone.
really its just a matter of what u prefer.
but yeah it is fun to make wierd sounds. espexcially with an ibanez weeping demon wah pedal:Spam:

kastigationsheep088.jpg

Aight so here are all my latest thoughts on playing bass:

I'm going to start playing with my fingers again now that my cut has healed up. The scar tissue is still a bit stiff but my middle finger has all the necessary range of motion, and I just need to focus on developing strength with it again (three weeks without playing with my fingers = blargh).

I traded in my line6 LD175 for a 410 cab so everyone could hear me at practice. I just use the GK Goldline 500 I use for shows, since leaving it at home doesn't accomplish much. Still planning on using my 810 for gigs though.

I really want to replace my bridge pickup with a matching Lace Alumitone Bass bar, the stock pickup sounds great at practice but gets really fuzzy at stage volume. But I have to get a new car first so transportation can become less of an issue.

kastigationsheep088.jpg

Aight so here are all my latest thoughts on playing bass:

I'm going to start playing with my fingers again now that my cut has healed up. The scar tissue is still a bit stiff but my middle finger has all the necessary range of motion, and I just need to focus on developing strength with it again (three weeks without playing with my fingers = blargh).

I traded in my line6 LD175 for a 410 cab so everyone could hear me at practice. I just use the GK Goldline 500 I use for shows, since leaving it at home doesn't accomplish much. Still planning on using my 810 for gigs though.

I really want to replace my bridge pickup with a matching Lace Alumitone Bass bar, the stock pickup sounds great at practice but gets really fuzzy at stage volume. But I have to get a new car first so transportation can become less of an issue.

damn nice. what sub genre of metal do u do?

Sup. I play bass since abouth 6 months (+ a year of guitar behind) and I started recording some covers. However I have hard time getting a good sound. I've tried playing with the amp and a mic in front of it, but it was much impractical and the result was meuh. I then tried to simply record with my bass plugged in the PC (line in) with Audacity, it turned out decent, but I'm not completely satisfied with the sound. Is there a way to get a "virtual amp" to get my bass sounding as I want ?

Here's some clip, enjoy, and remember I've been playing since 6 months only, don't be harsh :p

For whom the bell tolls

[Youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9UC2WEvxlM&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y9UC2WEvxlM&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/Youtube]

Melodic Medley

[Youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgKzvSYzxNc&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pgKzvSYzxNc&hl=fr_FR&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/Youtube]

Contractor (can't embed it :yuk:)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xbasr9_contractorbass-cover_music

yeah how do i build up my speed?

A metronome my friend. They aren't fun but they work. Also, be sure that your technique is proper before you try going to fast speeds so that way you won't have to fix it down the road and trust me on this, fixing your technique when you've been doing it the way you have since you started is not fun and can seem impossible at times. So, be sure to make sure it is correct now.

I agree with the metronome. Wonderful way to build speed for any instrument. It's a tried and true technique.

Look up some chromatic exercises on youtube, and if you really want to test yourself, play the chromatic exercises a lot of virtuoso guitarists have posted.

Are you looking to pick with three fingers? I can write out some exercises for that if you'd like.

I didn´t know those pick ups. can you make some kind of description of the tone? or gave me any links where I can listen to them?