Bassplayers from your countries recommende by you

HippieOfDoom said:
Oh, I get it...it's a border war!
No really, from the USA I nominate Barry Sparks.
I was just in Norway, can I recommend Lars Norberg (Spiral Architect) and Randy Coven (ARK)...?
SDG
lars fucking shreads

SanderThomas said:
I don't know that much good Dutch bassists, but you should check out Rob van der Loo
http://robvanderloo.com/
http://suncaged.com

He's got amazing skills, but also a great musical feel, groove, good composing etc...
Plays 7 string, 6 string fretless, chapman stick and has a 9 stringer being built by Conklin.

edit: typo
I talked with Rob after the testament gig in Eindhoven last year. He said he could give me lessons for just 10 euro a time. but i don't consider myself goed enough yet.. :)

I'll spend my winter holidays on 'Kobylka Bass Days' with Wojtek Pilichowski as a teacher.. 5 days of non-stop bass playing :D

As recommended bass player one of the best in death music in Poland is Novy - former Behemoth, now Vader.

I totally aggree !!-hey Steve maybe you 've heard Behemoth with Novy-on Metal Gods Tour back in '03:D

Hm, local bass player? Here in Slovenia, there is only one that truly stands out:

Nino de Gleria
electric bass guitar, double bass, cello

"Nino de Gleria also composes, arranges and produces music, both his own as well as by others. In early 1980s he studied at the Hochschule fuer Musik und Darstellende Kunst - department for jazz in Graz (Austria). Started his successful musical career with group BEGNAGRAD II, which was followed by the foundation of a new-jazz group QUATEBRIGA, and by a collaboration with a songwriter, philosopher, guitarist and singer Jani Kovacic as well as with several other groups. Wrote or co-wrote scores for more than twenty movies, several theatre and puppet-theatre performances as well as for about one hundred TV productions. In 1999, he founded an ethno-jazz formation STEFBET RIFI together with violinist Jelena Zdrale, accordionist Drago Ivanusa and saxophone player and composer Milko Lazar. He also performs with the FAKE ORCHESTRA. Nino de Gleria is well-known and respected for his juicy and non-conventionally driven bass lines, which love to escape into melodic heights, as well as for formally imaginative and original musical conceptions."

Btw, back in the days when he wore longer hair, he was a spitting image of Steve DiG. ... tall, skinny, hippie-like ... :worship:

xSUIxTOMMYx said:
Steve, try to go step by step:

ftp://bass:bas00fka@213.195.142.156/Video/

then clik on folder "Pilich u Holdysa" and choose file "Pilich solo" and enjoy!

Steve, have you seen that video? Please take a look at it and drop some lines what you think of that guy. I just found out that Pilich`s bandmate who plays sax, went to the same elementary school as soulflypl and myself. Moreover, he still lives 30 seconds way from my home. And Pilich`s drummer lives 5 minutes from soulflypl`s parents.

Please check this guy out, in my first post there`a link to his mp3`s.

There are some signs in the sky that we meet next month, Hippie. Polish legions are coming :headbang:

In our country there`s not so many bass players, who deserve any respect. Actually I don`t like bulgarian bass players. I know some, but they are famous only in the bulgarian metal underground. But some players, who are impressive are Stanislav Georgiev, Ivailo Kraichovsky(not a metal bassist) and George Milchev (non metal too)

From France:

Alain Caron, an amazing jazz player (in fact he is from Quebec but played a lot in France).

Also Dominique Di Piazza Who did an amazing record called Front Page with Bireli Lagrene and Dennis Chambers and played with John Mc Laughlin.

a Steve DiGiorgio Fan said:
From France:

Alain Caron, an amazing jazz player (in fact he is from Quebec but played a lot in France).

Also Dominique Di Piazza Who did an amazing record called Front Page with Bireli Lagrene and Dennis Chambers and played with John Mc Laughlin.

Alain Caron is a Master!!!!!!!!!! He is my #1 in all category...but he's no metal player.....:erk:

Saw him a couple of times during the Rimouski Jazz fest. :headbang:

Great bass player from GREECE:

GIOTIS KIOYRTZOGLOY

I also own the bass he has(not the fretless one) and it is custom made by a technician from Greece.Giotis plays in a lot bands as a session member and his own band is HUMAN TOUCH (jazzy thing-got nothing to do with metal...)He is truly great if you can find something from his work at the internet....

chainsawmax said:
Jason: nice to see you again online man!

The only italian bass player I'd like to reccomend you is Faso from the psycho dementia band ELIO E LE STORIE TESE. Funny guys!

What about SATURNINO? He played in Tina Turner`s live band and did some mateiral with this rapper Giovanotti. I`ve seen some video of his play and the guy is quite imressive. also I`ve heard his band`s SA-TOUR-NINO live album and I must say that the guy is not bad. I also liked the music a lot, it reminds me of Jamiroquai. A friend of mine`s been emailing him but unfortuantely his English is as poor as my friend`s Italian. But the guy is nice and sent him all of his albums that are almost unavailable in Poland.

Yeah. Nice guy maybe. But if you'd only had heard a single note of the guy playing w/ Jovanotti (the shit above)...you'd just understand me. Man. I need someone to focalize on. The guy is fast. But hey, what else? I don't dig that kind of attitude. It all depends on the fact I associate him to Jovanotti.

I never thought about ending up talking about that idiot in the SDG forum.

Can we do something else?????

:D

PS: sorry I didn't mean to be rude or what...just wanna know WHY...I... HATE...

byez!

from Hellgium: Sven De Corte,
he' s the Bassplayer in Exile, Shellcase (and ex- Manic Movement)
and yes, he's in my band (i'm so lucky)
great fingerwork (both hands)!
he's playing a 5 string Warwick (on the picture it's a 4string, but it's the same body):
1990-Warwick%20Buzzard-075%20.jpg

In morocco there`s not famous bass players, there's some in another styles but in metal it's not like Us or ......they re famous juste in afrika :rolleyes: