Death philosophy

lumitalvi

IkiHorros Hypocrazy
Jul 20, 2003
Tamperkele, Tammerfrost, FIN
Visit site
All of you who have now had the chance to really get into the new Pain-cd.
Wanna share some insights?

"Dancing with the Dead."
"Why must I die"
"It´s not enough you´re alive and it´s a misery"
"I´m turning into something I don´t wanna be"
"I don´t wanna be nothing"
"Time is ticking"
"I know now is my time"
"Not afraid to die"
"Not afraid to kiss the sky"
"You know I already died once before" (mhmm)
"I don´t want to remember but I cannot forget"
"I am the one who choose the path in my life"
"You´re living and you´re learning hopefully before you die"
"How can you say you´re living your life, you don´t take chances you´re just wanting to die"
"Bye/die"
"How do you make it through the day without killing yourself"
"I don´t wanna be here"
"Some people never know when it´s time to back away"
"Did you ever think you could change the world, the world will change you, it will brake you down, it´s calling me, my misery"
"It´s hunting me, my misery"
"If it´s all it´s gonna be then I don´t wanna stay"
"I had enough it goes on and on"
"It is me who can´t be, that I want to believe"
"Life´s too short to disagree"
"A good day to die"
"Don´t need your symphaty"
"Scratching the surface you will find, dead man searching suicide"
"Aiming high and no one cares"
"My own battle I can´t win"
"I don´t want you gratitude, I was never good for you"
"There is no judgement, only understanding what and why"
"That´s all death is... a shift"
"NO return"

So, thoughts??
Just plain artistic expression, or what?
I just got to think deeper meanings in these, since Mr.Tägtgren says the lyrics come from his own life.
And who/what is he talking about in "Stay away"?

do u no why he said he died in the lyrics, in the latest terrorizer interview with peter talking about the knew pain cd he sais that cause of all the stress of his hectic lifestyle he collapsed and was technically dead for two minutes but thank god they manged to ressusitate him and he based the song on what happend to him and the knew hypocrisy album should be out before the knew tour

no the title has something to do with it but peter said that it was not based on the whole album

Well my personal opinion is that Peter get depressed sometimes, I mean who doesn't? and his lyrics reflect the way he feels in those "dark moments", plus I recall him saying in some interview that he's not happy man usially, that he needs to be miserable in order be able to create... I wonder if he seriosly meant it.

And "Stay away", one of my favorites btw :worship: can be hmmmm, maybe Peter was having a stalker problem? :D just a guess...

I'm pretty sure that his "warm" relationship with Stockholm records har inspired him too. ;)

I heard The interwiew form a swedish radio. They wanted to talk about all that "death in to minutes" stuff. He did'nt sound like he really wanted to talk about that. He sounded like it was a finnished chapter ( ;) ) of his life.

Btw Lumi, Are you going to the Stockholm gig? If you are, I can tell you that the sweden shows are really amazing. :worship:

And one more thing; I think the new shirts text on the back i really cool - It's "LIFE IS OVERRATED" ;) A lot of people should think a little about that... - An I will wear my new hooded shirt as much as i can ... :D

Lunah said:
I'm pretty sure that his "warm" relationship with Stockholm records har inspired him too. ;)

oh yeah, that too :)

it's a shame he decided to stay with them eventually, but maybe they offered him a better deal this time... oh well, time will tell.

Oh yeah, that too. But I´m not sure if to buy it though.

I still have to say, that I do find the lyrics on Dancing with the Dead in general... let´s say: morbid. And that´s not a bad thing, just got me worried a bit. But hey, who is an artist and doesn´t suffer?

Say lumitalvi, did you just get these "lyrics" by hearing the album, or has he actually cared to print them again? That would be great!
By the way: I think they are great and do understand very much of what he must be feeling. Just couldn't express in my own words. Awesome!

paINflames said:
Say lumitalvi, did you just get these "lyrics" by hearing the album, or has he actually cared to print them again? That would be great!
By the way: I think they are great and do understand very much of what he must be feeling. Just couldn't express in my own words. Awesome!

Yes they are aaaaall printed :)
I hope you get your own copy soon!

Yeh, Mr.Tägtgren talks all English. I would like to hear him speaking more Swedish though, since that is... what.. perverse :p I´ve only heard one sentence when he shouted for one of the bandmembers when we were talking. It was too fast for me to understand what he said.