Bathory - best of the first five?

best of the first five Bathory records?

• Total voters
Fuck scarfs. American Apparel, plaid shirts, cigs, Burroughs, Kerouac and jeans. That's were it is at.

But really, I don't like what he does after that. Vikings are fucking stupid in metal music. It's not historic, cool, interesting, moving, avant-garde, or modern, just low-class art. It's cool if others like it, but that's what I think.

I'm (primarily) referring to black metal bands with viking themes. I can't stand bands that are too focused on the folk aspect (as if that's necessarily what vikings listened to anyway).

I'm (primarily) referring to black metal bands with viking themes. I can't stand bands that are too focused on the folk aspect (as if that's necessarily what vikings listened to anyway).

the majority of folky black metal is pretty boring i find, even the stuff that gets well acclaimed in the underground. all of it feels kind of pointless and gimmicky in comparison to the greats like 'thousand swords', 'beyond the wandering moon', 'hammerheart' and one or two others.

same goes with trad metal, few bands hold up against the likes of brocas helm and slough feg.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of those albums anyway so I agree with you, for the most part.