Bathory - best of the first five?

best of the first five Bathory records?

• Total voters
Blood Fire Death! Though they are all great, Blood Fire Death is consistently righteous throughout. In my opinion, there are a few black metal albums as good as Blood Fire Death but none better.

twilight of the gods is great but it isn't as good as hammerheart, no way :/

i find this really difficult but i guess i'm gonna stick with that. followed by under the sign, s/t, the return and blood fire death... i think.

p.s. i really like blood on ice too

Hammerheart is amusingly overrated, given how derivative it actually turns out to be below the surface.

I'm not even going to bother to decide between the first four albums, they all present a different shade of the same brilliance. I think that The Return is Quorthon's most underrated of the early albums though.

Under the Sign is awesome, but I'm too much a fan of epic viking music to let it supersede Hammerheart. :cool:

What do you guys mean that it's "derivative?"

Hammerheart is amusingly overrated, given how derivative it actually turns out to be below the surface.

I'm not even going to bother to decide between the first four albums, they all present a different shade of the same brilliance. I think that The Return is Quorthon's most underrated of the early albums though.

:puke: