BATHORY Mastermind QUORTHON Dead At 39 - June 8, 2004

We Were Just Talking. I Already Posted That This Was A Major Bummer. Sorry To Offend You Pyrus. Unless Your Joking Then . Yes I Want To Go To Valhalla But Ill Never Make It Cause I Dont Have Fury Pants And A Sword>

HICK JELLY THATS FUCKING PRICELESS.

I honor Quorthon by buying the album Blood on Ice.

I heard it, was great. I read the lyrics, was floored (Concept album, very deep and graphic.)

I read the liner notes, Blood on Ice may have very well been the whole point of his career after The Return.

And so, I shall now own it.

I hope you will do the same.

Yes, he does deserve respect, and I apologize. Last night was not my shining moment. Condolences to him and his family. Especially his father, Black Mark is a great label.

Founding BATHORY Member: 'QUORTHON Had Much More To Offer' - June 9, 2004 Legendary video director and founding BATHORY member Jonas Åkerlund has spoken to Sweden's Expressen newspaper about the passing of BATHORY mastermind Thomas "Quorthon" Forsberg from what is believed to be heart failure. Forsberg, who was known to have been battling heart problems for years, was found dead in his apartment in Stockholm, Sweden on Monday (June 7). He was 39 years old.

"It's so sad. He had much more to offer," Åkerlund said.

Jonas, who formed the band with Forsberg in the early '80s, went on to have a successful video-directing career, having worked with the likes of METALLICA, PRODIGY, MADONNA and U2.

"[BATHORY came onto the scene] extremely early," Åkerlund said. "People like Marilyn Manson, Billy Corgan and the members of METALLICA have all come up to me and have told me that they listened to BATHORY."

According to Åkerlund, it was Thomas Forsberg's creativity that made the band such an influence on so many younger metal acts.

"[Quorthon] had a high cult status," Jonas said. "He wasn't interested in attention, he just wanted to play his music."

The only singer I ever really liked through and through...
I put up with all my favorite bands during the 90ies, cus they began to suck. Bathory never did. Not even in QUorthon's Solo PRojects. Only person I really acknowlede...
Why did he had to die... :(