BATHORY Mastermind QUORTHON Dies

Unfaithfully Metalhead said:
He left alot of albums though.. not like others that die young and only came out with like 2 or 3 albums... I wonder if the album he was working on will be released... also I wanted to ask.. did Bathory ever tour in their history? i think i read that they never did which i always found odd... :erk: :confused:

As far as I've heard they never did a single concert in their history. In an interview for the Norwegian magazine Scream some time ago, Quorthon told that this was due to his "plans too big to make happen", meaning that if they ever was going to tour, or at least play one concert, this would have included such an impressive stage show (I guess with pyro, costumes etc...) that they'd had to be millionaires to afford it.

Evil_Ed said:
As far as I've heard they never did a single concert in their history.
That`s true. I did an interview with Quorthon in January 2004 and talked a lot about exactly that topic with him (you can read it on www.sheol-magazine.com > go to "Interviews" > "Bathory") ... it was funny to talk with him about it, because he said, some fans mailed him, they imagine his show with horses running by on stage or such things! :tickled:

"The Return," "Blood, Fire, Death" and the lyrics to "Twilight of the Gods" will live on forever, I hope.

There is a serpent in every Eden
Slick as grease and cold as ice
There is a lie in every meaning
Rest assured to fool you twice

In this age of utter madness
We maintain we are in control
And ending life before deliverance
While countries are both bought and sold

Holy writtings hokus-pokus
Blaze of glory and crucifix
Prepried costly credit salvations
TV-preachers and dirty tricks

Don't trust nobody
It will cost you much too much
Beware of the dagger
It caress you at first touch
O, all small creatures
It is the twilight if the gods

When the foundations to our existence
Begins to crumble one by one
And legislations protects its breakers
And he who was wrong but paid the most won

Even the gods of countless religions
Holds no powers against this tide
Of degeneration because we have now found
That there is no thrones up there in the sky

Run from this fire
It will burn your very soul
Its flames reaching higher
Comed this far there is no hold
O, all small creatures
It is the twilight if the gods

damn, it's been exactly...1 year 8 months 20 days...or something.
HAIL QUORTHON! that motherfucker would appreciate a little rememberence, not that he'd ever be forgotten! he loved the hordes! YAR!
play that shit! play it loud! BLOOD! FIRE! DEATH!

Bathorys 'Hammerheart' album is still an absolute CLASSIC.

I'm not much of a fan of that whole genre, or most of Bathorys other stuff to be honest, but that album has so much atmosphere in it that you can't help but love it.

I did an interview with Quorthon (TOMAS FORSBERG) a couple months before he died, and he was one of the most down to earth people I had ever talked to. It was and is my most favorite interviews to date.
In the words of Quorthon "Hail The Hordes"!