BATHORY

on a rare serious note, there are people who dont know about these bands because they arent that much into metal save for a few bands. I mean, if you guys couldnt name other electronic music other Depeche Mode, I wouldnt call you False...

Feraliminal Lycanthropizer said:
on a rare serious note, there are people who dont know about these bands because they arent that much into metal save for a few bands. I mean, if you guys couldnt name other electronic music other Depeche Mode, I wouldnt call you False...

depeche mode are the shit, I'll be seeing them again when they get down here in Oct/Nov. in support of their new album

I still can remember "Hammerheart" even if it's over 10 years now since I heard it the last time. This was great music, great storytelling and wonderful artworks. A milestone in Metal from Scandinavia imo.
:headbang:

Nordland I is definitely my fav. Bathory album as well, but I have to admit that I started listening to them MUCH later than I should have. By the time I got into them, all I could think was "how did I not do this sooner?".

Billy Steele said:
Nordland I is definitely my fav. Bathory album as well, but I have to admit that I started listening to them MUCH later than I should have. By the time I got into them, all I could think was "how did I not do this sooner?".

Same here.

All's I know is I want "Song to the Hall Up High" played at my funeral.

And a good Bathory-esque band is Falkenbach.

I missed out on Bathory, i had heard of them but never got to hear any of their work and then one day i stumbled on Nordland II and I fell instantly in love. Its hard as shit to find anything In New Mexico but I still look when i go out hoping I will stumble on something else.

It's funny someone mentioned it earlier, but today in my car I had "Song to the hall up high" playing and I thought to myself ... "The day I die, I want this song to be played and have my ashes poured in the North Sea".

I also think AA should cover a Bathory song or at least come with a slow yet epic song all accoustic, bombastic drums with sea sounds, waves crashing, swords clashing, village pillaging,... in the vein Quorthon would have done.
I am afraid noone will ever replace Quorthon's spirit and he sure deserved his place in the Hall up high.

Belgar said:
It's funny someone mentioned it earlier, but today in my car I had "Song to the hall up high" playing and I thought to myself ... "The day I die, I want this song to be played and have my ashes poured in the North Sea".

I also think AA should cover a Bathory song or at least come with a slow yet epic song all accoustic, bombastic drums with sea sounds, waves crashing, swords clashing, village pillaging,... in the vein Quorthon would have done.
I am afraid noone will ever replace Quorthon's spirit and he sure deserved his place in the Hall up high.

One-Eyed Man.... :headbang: ..that would bee a blast... ....when "Odin" (Johan) starts to speak..questions, questions........