Battle of the Artwork

Some of the best artwork I have seen is Cradle of Filth:
-Midian
-Witchcraft & Lovehearts

I got the slip case version of W&L and it had very cool Illustration poster, not sure what it is but very evil.

Iced Earth's artwork *mostly* comes from Greg Capullo, a comic book artist who works for McFarlane Productions (led by Todd McFarlane, who incidentally did the cover to 'The Dark Saga').

Iron Maiden's artwork comes from Derek Riggs, who is unparalled. And THAT is a FACT.

I have no opinion on Cannibal Corpse vs. Sinister.

Originally posted by Necros
Some of the best artwork I have seen is Cradle of Filth:
-Midian
-Witchcraft & Lovehearts

I got the slip case version of W&L and it had very cool Illustration poster, not sure what it is but very evil.

It's the fan-vaulted ceiling of King's College in Cambridge, they've just made it pink and rotated it a couple of times for the graphics. It's a stunning work of architecture and it makes a pretty funky graphic. I was quite surprised when I saw CoF using it. Is it that background you're talking about? Well, that's what that is anyway.

Anyhoo, definately Iced Earth, I love that comic book/semi-digital style. Iron Maiden have Eddie, but the artwork isn't all that amazing....

And Cannibal Corpse. How can you beat those lovely pieces of gore?

Okay.Greatest album cover ever?
That would quite EASILY be "Carnivourous Erection" by Regurgitated.
Anyone who has seen it knows what I'm talking about.
Wes Benscoter yo'.

obviusly the best art work is from Cannibal Corpse

How can anyone beat the artwork in Butchered at birith, Gallery of Suicide and Bloodthirst ..

anyone knows the name of the guy that makes the artwork of CC?

Well, since I'm defending Maiden's coverart here, I of course have to choose one of their covers as the coolest ever. I go with The Number Of The Beast. Not the album, but the single. This one:

beast_single.jpg

Or maybe this one:

run_to_the_hills.jpg

Or this:

somewhere_in_time.jpg