2004... a great year of metal?

2004... a great year of metal?

• Hell Yeah!

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • No... it's another shitty year of metal

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters
Um..let me look. I wont name the album titles since Im lazy.

2003---

Negura Bunget
Isis
Ataraxie
Bongzilla
Bunkur
Buried At Sea
Doomsword
Forgotten Tomb
Goatsblood
Grand Magus
Kayo Dot
Krux
Khanate
Monolithe
While Heaven Wept
Mül
My Shameful
Pantheist
Pelican
Place of Skulls
Reverend Bizarre
Solicide
Skepticism
Swallow The Sun
The Lord Weird Slough Feg
The Funeral Orchestra
Through The Valley
Tyranny
Until Death Overtakes Me
YOB
House of Aquarius
Mordaehoth
Morrigan
Nachtfalke
Baltak
Pest
Scald - Headworm
Sigrblot
Temnozor

...i quit

I don't really keep up so I wouldn't know if it was a good year for metal. Actually, it probably wasn't and I don't really care anyway.

Pyrus said:
Shit, I forgot about Dismember. Where Ironcrosses Grow, while no Death Metal or Like An Ever-Flowing Stream, was a damn nice piece of thrashy DM. I approve.
There is a chance you might enjoy the new Pig Destroyer, it has better riffs and more hateful agression than any thrash album I've heard in recent years.

(I recommend 'Restraining order blues' and 'Carrion fairy').

I'll second that, Terrify has got to be the album of the year. I never thought they'd actually top prowler in the yard, but slap me accross the face with a wet kipper cause they actually did it!

I've also been enjoying the pleasures of the new releases from Anaal Nathrakh, Necrophagist, Mastodon, Isis and Destroyer 666. Its been a pretty spanking year so far I reckon!

It's been good so far, with stuff like Ayreon, the new Anaal Nathrakh, the new Behemoth, Arsis, and the rest, but nothing incredible.

Ockham said:
I didn't even know there was a new Destroyer 666 out, what's it called?

Oh shit, ignore that one! Thought Terror abraxis was released this year since I only just got it, sorry to get you all excited!

Last year was much better than this year, but there have been several really good ones so far:

Drudkh
Hate Forest
Grip Inc.
Ufomammut
Finntroll
a few more, I guess

Nothing has blown me away though.

Deathspell Omega, Pest (Swe), Nasheim, Angantyr, Aska (Swe), Black Circle (Swe), Svartr Strijd, Akihma, Klage, Kaosritual, Vemod, Matricide (Swe), Armagedda, etc.

I think it has been a good year so far....I loved the cds by:

In-Quest
Mastodon
Suffocation
Pig Destroyer
Vulgar Pigeons
Uphill Battle
Into Obscurity
Sotajumala
Necrophagist
Capharnaum
Gadget
Nasum

and the new Immolation might be better than all of them

I think this year has been a pretty solid year for metal releases. A lot of really awesome bands.

Also this year has sucked for metal because of Quorthon and a couple other tragedies

The release of the new Ayreon album, Threshold's Subsurface. And even Evergrey's The Inner Circle. I'm fairly satisfied.