Battle of the Artwork

Yeah, I like the Somewhere in Time cover. Nice detailing. I've never been a fan of the Beast artwork though; I've always thought the devil's head just looks stupid. Naff expression, under-the-sea scales and webbed ears. I mean, wtf? My favourite is probably the Fear of the Dark cover though, it's the only one i'd say was approaching 'cool'. Possibly Killers also.

Originally posted by Sinister Minister
is that the same "indian summer" the doors did?
Nope, this is written by Robin Petrie & Danny Carnahan and it's from their album "Continental drift" from '87. Their music is kind of similar to Dead Can Dance, but a bit more folkish. I guess they fall into the "world" genre.
Lee Hazlewood also did a song called "Indian summer" on his "20th century Lee" in '76. Maybe that's the same - that one is written by Ward/Pallavicini/Losito/Cutogno/Bugatti/Muskar.
Have I ever said that Maiden's artwork is crap? Personally I think their record covers are among the best ever done! I just think it's a bunch of crap saying "Maiden's artwork is the coolest and most awesome the world have ever seen, and that's a fact." That's not a fact and THAT'S a fact!
You might also want to take a look at this for coverart:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27353

Originally posted by svenske kocken
Well, since I'm defending Maiden's coverart here, I of course have to choose one of their covers as the coolest ever. I go with The Number Of The Beast. Not the album, but the single. This one:

beast_single.jpg

Or maybe this one:

run_to_the_hills.jpg

Or this:

somewhere_in_time.jpg

haha those covers rather than cool are laughable :lol:

Originally posted by NapalmForLunch
and who cares if 1 or 10,000,000 do the picture.

So basically, you're saying that you enjoy and even prefer watered-down, generic crap that anyone seems to be able to produce? And yet, you've stated your disdain for the new In Flames record? Hmm.

iron maiden covers cheesy ?
iron maiden made a cover where Eddie kills margaret thatcher (prime minister of england then) ....
thats cheese right ?
thats 3423423 times more extreme than c.c. covers ...

Originally posted by markgugs
So basically, you're saying that you enjoy and even prefer watered-down, generic crap that anyone seems to be able to produce? And yet, you've stated your disdain for the new In Flames record? Hmm.
:lol: that was so retarded. I don't like Taco Sauce Pack because it is boring. I don't give a damn that they changed their sound (even though it is dumb why they changed it). Me not liking an album has nothing to do with my preference of art work. I find Ed very cheesy. Everytime I see raising hell I cant stop laughing cause Eddie is so stupid and cheesy. When I see pictures of him I laugh also because I THINK it is cheesy. It is just as cheesy as pokemon to me. Nothing will change my OPINION. Someone else is probly thinking we are both stupid and that both bands have stupid art. Whatever I like Iced Earths more.

Hmm.....Maiden is before my time. Iced Earths do look kinda cool, but as stated they are rather generic. I don't know, really...