Battle of the Bands report #1

Will Bozarth

Everlasting Godstopper
Jan 26, 2002
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
today was first BotB practice at my house w/ Mike (guitarist) and Dan (drummer) *who also uses the name Zob Rombie on this board*. we started out with Dan not knowing how to play anything we were gonna play. after getting him drum tabs, he worked on it a bit (with some help of Metallica: Live Shit. BTW, today we were working on Die (which we labeled the middle part of Creeping Death... DIE BY MY HAND I CREEP ACROSS THE LAND KILLING FIRST BORN MAN) and For Whom The Bell Tolls. anyway, after a bit of learning Die as a group, we played it a few times, then went into For Whom The Bell Tolls. mike and i jammed it as Dan studied the tabs and played it. then, we worked on it a bit. started off sounding odd, but then Dan got struck by a Lars bullet and kicked into high gear and played it great :D I, on the other hand, need some fine tuning in the lead parts, but not too much, Mike plays the chorus oddly with the open palm-muted e string, but hey, it sounds like For WHom The Bell Tolls.. and we aren't metallica! after taking a break and playing some pool/listening to Live Shit, i hopped into the drum chair w/ guitar and played the double bass while playing Iron Man and For WHom THe Bell Tolls... that was fun :D anyway, we went back to work and made a transition from Die to Bellz so we can link em together, so that was pretty cool as well... if i feel like it, i'll put 2 or 3 mp3s of us playin, or attempting to play

:lol: ill prolly put the tracks up within the day or so, and ill link em to the board... you hear us yellin before and after the songs about how much it sucked. and.. in one of em, during Bellz, we keep tellin Dan to play it with a different amount of beats after i play the bass part in the intro like "i think you should do 7 beats.. ya seven...." *da da da da da ... WA WA W WA WA WA W AW A WAAAA da da da da da* "no non on six!" (me and mike say that at the same time) :lol:

put feedback up, itll be track of the year lol

and after dan left, i popped POE in the cd player and played This Sacrament... he wasnt too impressed by the solo, but he said theyre pretty good, and he digged warrel's voice too

lol i do listen to Nevermore jus not as much as Will over there or obviously you, cuz if i didnt listen to Nevermore i wouldnt be on this boarddd

CBF
SEVEN TONGUES OF GOD
BEYOND WITHIN
DEAD HEART IN A DEAD WORLD
NO MORE WILL

Actually, a great start might be believe in nothing, then some RIVER DRAGON

BiN is how I started