Dismember - 22

New band Bolt Thrower.

New stats:
Vader - 28
Agalloch - 20
Novembers Doom - 12
Dismember - 22
Bolt Thrower - 20

King Crimson in the hall of shame and infantile shit such as Amon Amarth and Dark Tranquillity in the hall of fame, I think this forum is officially in my hall of shame, hahaha.

anyways, why not continue.

Vader - 30
Agalloch - 20
Novembers Doom - 8 KILL
Dismember - 22
Bolt Thrower - 22 SAVE

Vader - 32 SAVE
Agalloch - 20
Novembers Doom - 6 KILL
Dismember - 22
Bolt Thrower - 22

King Crimson in the hall of shame and infantile shit such as Amon Amarth and Dark Tranquillity in the hall of fame, I think this forum is officially in my hall of shame, hahaha.

How are Amon Amarth and Dark Tranquillity infantile? do you care to explain? Nothing about their lyrics is childish, nor is the music, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

How are Amon Amarth and Dark Tranquillity infantile? do you care to explain? Nothing about their lyrics is childish, nor is the music, so I have no idea what you're talking about.

To each his own of course. It's childish in the sense that it's all based around the minor scale and the classic run-of-the-mill minor chord progressions. And, no, it's not a musicians-like-musicians-music type of thing, I just think the music of amon and dark tranquillity pretty much sound like the 14 year olds that used to rock out at the local youth center when I went to midschool in the suburbs, only that AA and DT of course come in a well produced package. Call it snobbish if you will, but I prefer to hear bands actually trying to explore something new musically. Or bands that flat-out pays a tribute to bands who used to do that (like Bloodbath with Entombed/Dismember or Spiritual Beggars with Black Sabbath/Deep Purple).

To each his own of course. It's childish in the sense that it's all based around the minor scale and the classic run-of-the-mill minor chord progressions. And, no, it's not a musicians-like-musicians-music type of thing, I just think the music of amon and dark tranquillity pretty much sound like the 14 year olds that used to rock out at the local youth center when I went to midschool in the suburbs, only that AA and DT of course come in a well produced package. Call it snobbish if you will, but I prefer to hear bands actually trying to explore something new musically. Or bands that flat-out pays a tribute to bands who used to do that (like Bloodbath with Entombed/Dismember or Spiritual Beggars with Black Sabbath/Deep Purple).

Would you rather see dark tranquillity explore with their style, like in flames did, and turn into shit?

If every band starts to experiment and explore their music, the that would make all those bands the same in a way, which is the contrary of what you actually like ;)

I think there are enough bands exploring with their music and coming up with new things, which is good, but we also need bands that keep the genres alive by playing the same kind of music they always have...

Would you rather see dark tranquillity explore with their style, like in flames did, and turn into shit?

If every band starts to experiment and explore their music, the that would make all those bands the same in a way, which is the contrary of what you actually like ;)

I think there are enough bands exploring with their music and coming up with new things, which is good, but we also need bands that keep the genres alive by playing the same kind of music they always have...

Well, I dun wanna start a full-on discussion, let's just say I sincerely hope ppl around here will eventually get to enjoy music such as King Crimson rather than blasting every re-hashed Amon Amarth song they can get a hold of. Or, if KC are to mellow, try some Suffocation.

So what about Bolt Thrower that you just saved then? Its not like they have evolved much over the years.

Yeah, that's true actually. I think Bolt Thrower brought more to the table than AA/DT ever did, but I'll have to admit they havent evolved much since. And thinking about it, I listen to lots of bands stuck in their own game. This doesnt change the fact that you guys should listen to King Crimson / and or Suffocation a little more before ultra-boosting Amon Amarth and Dark Tranquillity tho, hahaha. :cool:

Discussing music on the internet always ends up being kind of weird.

Yeah, that's true actually. I think Bolt Thrower brought more to the table than AA/DT ever did, but I'll have to admit they havent evolved much since. And thinking about it, I listen to lots of bands stuck in their own game. This doesnt change the fact that you guys should listen to King Crimson / and or Suffocation a little more before ultra-boosting Amon Amarth and Dark Tranquillity tho, hahaha. :cool:

Discussing music on the internet always ends up being kind of weird.

Didn't DT kind of help make Melodic Death metal what it is today? :p

Didn't DT kind of help make Melodic Death metal what it is today? :p

No not really. They were early but I think At The Gates and In Flames were the two big ones.

Vader - 30 Kill
Agalloch - 22 Save
Novembers Doom - 6
Dismember - 24
Bolt Thrower - 20