BAUUUOW!: A question about quad tracking

I usually pan the first take hard left while tracking the next... especially if I have to match another guitarist, then this is crucial to me.

Edit: And after each take I center the ones that are done to hear how good they match up.

like some others in general i record to the click rather than drums, however if there re some really weird timing things going on i prefer to track with the drums, i dont normally have more than one guitar track playing whilst tracking, but like machinated said, i do like to listen back with everything straight after to check for anything odd

First I prepare the tracks:

Track 1: Drums (Solo'ed)
Track 2: L100
Track 3: R100
Track 4: L80
Track 5: R80
Track 6: 0 (Bass, always centered)
Then I arm and record on 2, then 3, then 4, then 5. Finally I record the bass after guitars
As I'm always solo'ing the drum track I only listen to what i'm playing (POD Farm standalone) + Drums.

First I prepare the tracks:

Track 1: Drums (Solo'ed)
Track 2: L100
Track 3: R100
Track 4: L80
Track 5: R80
Track 6: 0 (Bass, always centered)
Then I arm and record on 2, then 3, then 4, then 5. Finally I record the bass after guitars
As I'm always solo'ing the drum track I only listen to what i'm playing (POD Farm standalone) + Drums.

Aye, I see. This is what I did on my solo project I think... god I'm so senile :D Anyway, since I'm not a great guitar player, with this technique I noticed that I was sort of untight at some parts, without feeling it while playing.

Think I need to become more confident in guitar playing to pull this off... ^^

I'm gonna take a week off of my life sometime and just go back to basics with stuff... gonna practise drum beats and fills at really slow tempos, and practise steady but slow guitar picking etc. It's always good!

when we quadtrack its always drums and click if live drums.... if programmed drums, sometimes we well drop the click .. always panning guitars to there rough location as were tracking, and always monitoring the previous takes before and after the take solo,then with the double, yes it takes alot of time but saves so much time later fixing problems from the start. it will tighten your tracks up a noticable difference

First recording the left guitar, then the right, then I mute those two guitars and do it all over again.
All to real drums without click or if its mididrums, to click.
Then I compare the guitars to eachother and solo them to only the click or drums so I know they are tight invidually.
Always panning all the guitars 80-100%.
Our band made the misstake to pan in a X-pattern with different amps when we recorded our full-lenght making the overall guitarsound feeling smaller and when some of the guitars were playing some sort of melody (using a marshall panned to 70-70) they sounded kinda weak.

i do like most of the people.
of course, it may seem obvious but, I play the riffs a few times before hitting record.
i the meanwhile then I capture and catch the very details of the way I play it. then I try to reproduce as most details as possible.
I just don't go right away. I try to control every palm mute, slide, legato, picking, ..

Then when I am 100% sure, I go and I do the 4 tracks in 4 takes or more if needed. usually with click+drums (often necessary to get the groove), muting always the previous recorded takes of the same riff.

i check like machinated explained, or all together.