Bay Area Shows- Post your reviews here!!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
For those of you going to shows regularly, I would be very curious to get some information on how many people are coming out for shows here-- this helps me know what bands to go after for future shows, but also gives me an idea of what genres are selling here. If you have time if you could shoot your thoughts on the shows you attend, I would appreciate it.

If you could like you could post reviews at my forum below, or just send me an email. The people who are contributing reviews will be entered into a drawing for tickets for a future show that I do--

Just saw Alan Holdsworth, Terry Bozzio, Tony Levin and Pat Mastelotto at Yoshi's. Great night of completely random and impromptu jazz fusion. Room was packed for the 8:00 and 10:00 shows that night.

We saw Skinlab & Death Angel (and a local opener whose name I have since forgotten) at Slim's last month..the show sold out & the crowd was really into it. We had a blast. :)

It wasn't a Bay Area Show, but Jax and I flew up to Seattle to see Rishloo at their album release party for their new Album "Feathergun" on Friday Jan 29th... My birthday... hehe...Rishloo was AMAZING! They played a long set that included almost every song off the album and a few off their last release "Eidelon"... Their stage presence was great with a full on psychedelic light show.... I recommend this band to no end! When they come through here this spring, Check Them Out!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will definitely be seeing Rishloo next time they come through Northern California. Gotta get my hands on "Feathergun" in the meantime.

Also, for a quick review of the Redemption show in LA this past Thursday:

I flew down for this show expecting awesomeness and that is exactly what i got. Ray sounded great. Each band member was on their game. Unfortunately for the band there was plenty of room for me to find a good spot. I would guess that "maybe" 100 people were there. But for those who were there, Redemption really brought the goods. They played for about 1.5 hours. Very happy i could make it down for this one as they are one of my favorite bands. Setlist was as follows:

Threads
The Suffocating Silence
Leviathan Rising
Memory
Nocturnal
Black & White World
Fall On You
Walls
Bleed Me Dry
Release
The Death of Faith & Reason

I will definitely be seeing Rishloo next time they come through Northern California. Gotta get my hands on "Feathergun" in the meantime.

Also, for a quick review of the Redemption show in LA this past Thursday:

I flew down for this show expecting awesomeness and that is exactly what i got. Ray sounded great. Each band member was on their game. Unfortunately for the band there was plenty of room for me to find a good spot. I would guess that "maybe" 100 people were there. But for those who were there, Redemption really brought the goods. They played for about 1.5 hours. Very happy i could make it down for this one as they are one of my favorite bands. Setlist was as follows:

Threads
The Suffocating Silence
Leviathan Rising
Memory
Nocturnal
Black & White World
Fall On You
Walls
Bleed Me Dry
Release
The Death of Faith & Reason

Sounds like a great show!

Dude, Pick up "Feathergun"... but I warn you... it's addictive powers are beyond most albums... I swear to Buddha!!:headbang: