Dark Angel
Death Angel
Exodus
Nuclear Assault
Assassin
Heathen
Vio-lence

great bands, best thrash imo
we're heading an amazing thrash year too, new Exodus, new Nasty Savage, Destruction etc
anyone got some more bands or recommendations?
:cool:

ms. anthrope said:
nuclear assault is from new york, dark angel is from los angeles and assassin is from germany...

i think he's saying "bands like bay area thrash."
hehe indeed, that's what I meant to say
(i'm a girl btw ;) )
so Coroner? don't know that one, I'll check em out

Hey people, hold on for a second! Could you please stop throwing in everything at once? This started out to be about Bay Area Thrash, then it turned into an "in the vein of..."-thread, afterwards it was about Thrash in general (Kreator and Destruction don't sound very much like the Bay Area, right?) and now you come up with the "founded in..."-label! Metal Church are from Seattle as far as I know and you can hardly call them Thrash, don't you agree? So could someone please get things straight again - Griffin, you started this, so how about you?

true,megadeth were one of them.difficult with the taliica cause all the other bands are still seen as being hardcore in that vein,whereas pretty much everyone thinks metallica whimped out.where were suicidal tendancies and sacred riech from?anyone?

Metal Church are from Seattle as far as I know and you can hardly call them Thrash, don't you agree?
Metal Church were a BIG part of the Bay Area underground metal scene back in '82/'83. Kurdt moved up to Washington and reformed Metal Church while a couple of the other members remained in the Bay Area and formed CONTROL. If you never heard of this early thrash band CONTROL, I suggest you pick up some of there demos because they fucking kick ass! As for calling Metal Church thrash, back in 1985, we all considered them thrash, along with Metallica, Megadeth and Exodus.

Electric Savage said:
As for calling Metal Church thrash, back in 1985, we all considered them thrash, along with Metallica, Megadeth and Exodus.
Hmm, interesting... Well, I have to mention that I'm far from being an expert on the subject of Metal Church. In fact, all I know is their debut. So forgive me if I misjudge things. But isn't that comparable to Mercyful Fate being called Black Metal in the mid-80s? Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about musical qualities. Metal Church (the album) definitely rocks. As does Melissa (again the only one I know yet). But I think that you can hardly call MC Thrash or MF Black Metal. Another example I'd like to throw in is the fact, that bands most of us would label as Thrash bands (like Exodus, Slayer, Megadeth, Kreator or Destruction) were still thought of to be Hardcore back in 85. At least this was the case over here in Germany. The term Thrash had yet to become a common one! But I suppose there's no denying that Bonded By Blood, Hell Awaits or Endless Pain are nothing but pure Thrash, right?