Baying of the Hounds is one of the finest songs ever recorded.

The album as a whole is very good. One of my favourites. I don't understand why people are so negative about it. Well, it's a matter of taste.

Something I noticed: this album has more clean vocals than growls. I liked.

I think this is one of the darkest yet most uplifting songs, tis quite awesome

I agree it's very good, excellent even... but one of the finest songs ever recorded? I could think of other Opeth songs more deserving of that acclaim. Although I do have to admit when I first heard that organ riff in the beginning I got visions of Deep Purple and the Doors being possessed, and that was worth something. :p

Awesome song, one of the best on GR.

As for GR having more clean vocals than growled vocals, I think that sort of hurts the album at times. But who am I to complain, i still think its an great album.

okay....first of all, i think this is mikael's greatest growl performance. the way he pronounces the first 30 seconds...particularly, "and roaming the forest"....is awesome....he accentuates that phrase the same way you would wake up your significant other in the morning...suprising her with breakfast in bed, saying, "its time to wake up." light-hearted, innocent, goofy...i just love his vocals in that entire section....i didn't even notice it at first....a lot of the time, its easy to only listen to the distortion of his growl....and not notice the pitch that is resonating in his chest...okay...i'm going on now..

and, the clean section.....my favorite clean opeth section....EVAAAAHHHH!!!

then the powerful, triumphant progression in the heavy part immediately following it....then the...okay...i'm done.

:headbang: Hell yeah this song is amazing! My second fave off the album after GoP. And yes, BtM is fucking brilliant; solos and all.

Ghost Reveries is by far the best album of this year, hands down. I think it will win over all (well, most) of the critics this year as well. It's just one of those classic, memorable kind of albums that creates a HUGE impression.

Btw, BEST part of BotH is at around 5:30 - HOLY SHIT that riff transition is fucking amazing!

It's weird, I hadn't really thought much about BotH much. Butthen I heard that it was being palyed on the tour and I thought, wtf?!:guh: No GoP? Hmmm.... so I put it in a playlist and was pleasantly surprised when it was taken out of the context of the whole album. I could somehow actually hear it better. I am liking it more and more.

Listening to GC right now, and I still don't understand why people are disappointed by it. I think it's cool as hell.:devil: