Bc rich Calibre Warlock - Any opionions?

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
So basically, I have wanted to get a warlock since I was about nine years old.
The thing is that there only seem to be cheaper models available, or a custom shop model, which is out of my price range.

However this model has quality features and I'm assuming the build quality is far higher than the cheaper counterparts.

Mahogany body
Maple neck through
OFR
Schaller hardware
24 frets
81 and 85

Aesthetically its perfect imo, what a warlock should look like.
And it comes with a hard case

http://www.beatstreetmusic.net/prod...Path=350&sid=10ffc34f2f1cde959b36a8f1533af49d

I never had good experiences with anything but the very top of the line models.
the gap in quality is INSANE, the customshop models are some of the best guitars ever built, everthing else from BC I've tried so far was garbage (wven the 1000-1500€ models).
I don't know that particular model though.

EDIT: just saw, it's made in Czech rep. I've never tried a Czech BCR, might be worth a try!

Do you know when the ones you've tried were made?
Because their reputation was hurt badly during the time they were owned/produced by "Class Axe". Which was the reason why Kerry King started using ESP in the early 90's, then switched back a couple of years ago.

I also read on the BC rich forum that, the QC on the Czech ones wasn't 100%.
But when they were good, they were phenomenal.
I mean Terrence Hobbs uses them, so I guess they have to be pretty good?

Because their reputation was hurt badly during the time they were owned/produced by "Class Axe". Which was the reason why Kerry King started using ESP in the early 90's, then switched back a couple of years ago.

Kerry King has said in an interview I read he dropped the BC Rich endorsement 'cos he wanted a specific guitar to take on tour (Bich I think) and they wouldn't give it in time, so he switched to ESP 'cos he was pissed at 'em, not out of preference for the product.

Yeah, that whole era was a bit shitty for the company, but I've also heard him say it was because they were shitty quality at the time (along with most other people)

I never had good experiences with anything but the very top of the line models.
the gap in quality is INSANE, the customshop models are some of the best guitars ever built, everthing else from BC I've tried so far was garbage (wven the 1000-1500€ models).
I don't know that particular model though.

EDIT: just saw, it's made in Czech rep. I've never tried a Czech BCR, might be worth a try!

exactly like Ibanez then.
except Bc rich might actually sound good.