My Warlock pictures [AUCTION CLOSED]

NekrogoblinTim

Your skin is mine.
So, with the arrival of my Halo custom in (hopefully) mid-November, I will be selling my trusty 7-string BC Rich Warlock to the highest bidder. This guitar was used in all the Nekrogoblikon and Inquest live shows, recordings, and practices. I basically got good playing this guitar, not to mention it looks and sounds pretty damn cool.

Some history:

It started out as a stock B.C. Rich Platinum Series 7-string Warlock, manufactured sometime in the late-90's/early 00's. Agathis body, 25.5" scale, gloss black finish, maple(?) neck, fixed bridge, stock B.C. Rich passive pickups, made in Korea.

I bought it sometime around August of 2003, new on eBay, for $350. It had stock everything and came without a case. (I actually spent a long time trying to find a case for it to no success, partly the reason it's beat up).

One of the first things I did was to order an EMG-707 active pickup for the bridge, because the stock bridge pickup didn't quite have the clarity I wanted. The purchase and installation were about $250 together because they had to rout the body, since the EMG pickup is wider than the stock ones. The shop did a great job.

Two years ago, I started really craving a natural finish guitar for some reason, and decided to try and strip the paint off the warlock, partly because I thought it would look cool and party cause I was bored. Took me 3 weeks of sandpapering and 2 weeks of staining/oiling. I could go over the process I went through, but that would be like 5 pages of tech details you guys don't want to know. Needless to say, it looks pretty cool, although I did bungle the job and caused kind of a blotchy staining job. I dunno, I think it has character.

Anyway, it does sound and look cool, but there are a few cosmetic issues. The guitar has been through some battles, and the neck has suffered the most for whatever reason. The back is pockmarked and blemished. The fretboard/frets could use a cleaning, but that's all good. The headstock is chipped. In fact, all the horns and things are chipped a bit. It kinda doesn't matter because of the natural finish but I figure I'll mention everything. Due to the homebrew finishing job, the string holes, bridge posts, and neck pickup have red stains. Not really noticeable most of the time. There's a minor electronic thing - due to the active/passive combination, the neck pickup is pretty buzzy. The bridge EMG-707 sounds great though.

So, feel free to ask questions and I'll make this thread an informal auction. Personally, I'll be happy to sell this for $500, that's how much it's worth to me. If it's worth less to you, don't feel bad, just post and let me know how much you're willing to pay for it, if it's worth more to you, fantastic! I'll give it to the highest bidder.

Whew, ok, pictures:

warlock1.jpg

warlock2.jpg

warlock3.jpg

warlock4.jpg

warlock5.jpg

warlock6.jpg

warlock7.jpg

Keep it goblin.
-Tim

It's mine. You no get. [laffinz. Don't take it seriously.]

Timbus: I thought you said that Alex D. left the band and you got a new drummer, Eddie. I want both of their signatures, if possible. And Nicky. And Timbus. And Ashleigh. And Austin. And Alex A.
I think that's it.

Alex Duddy was/is our vocalist, he just happens to be one of the best drummers I've ever played with ;) You can check him out on drums if you do a youtube search for The Judas Cradle. Spencer Bartz was our drummer for a long time, and the reason we got Eddie was because he moved to Japan in late August. The current lineup is Alex D - vocals, Alex A - second guitar, Austin - bass, Ashleigh - keys, Nicky - keys, Eddie -drums.

-Tim

:cry: i want....

shall we fight over it CI?? :lol:

EDIT: just noticed this thread is an "unoficial auction" :heh:

let the war begin

Dude, Tims' already given me first dibs. It's mine. Unless I bail out, the guitar is pretty much mine.
Alex Duddy was/is our vocalist, he just happens to be one of the best drummers I've ever played with ;) You can check him out on drums if you do a youtube search for The Judas Cradle. Spencer Bartz was our drummer for a long time, and the reason we got Eddie was because he moved to Japan in late August. The current lineup is Alex D - vocals, Alex A - second guitar, Austin - bass, Ashleigh - keys, Nicky - keys, Eddie -drums.

-Tim
Aye. Those are the signatures I be needin'.

CI - you've got first dibs, but like I said, this is gonna be an unofficial auction, especially since you don't have the money right now.

I suppose I should make some rules. I'll give CI some help because he approached me with this first. If I get the money for your original bid, that is, $500 (no payments, the full amount), before this auction runs out on midnight November 22nd, then the guitar is yours for $500, regardless of how much anyone else bids or who the top bidder is. I think that's plenty of time. If you can't, it'll go to whoever is the highest bidder in this thread.

CI is the current high bidder at $500. I'll say to win, you have to bid at least 5% over the last highest bidder. 5% of 500 = $25, so, Adam, you need to bid $525 to become the next highest bidder, and CI, you'd need to bid $552 to get back.

If the winning bidder can't come up with the money in a timely fashion, I will sell it to the next highest bidder. I'm keeping this here instead of eBay because I'd rather this go to a fan than some eBay dude.

Fair?
-Tim

perfectly fair mate :)

to be totally honest CI mate....chance of me coming up with what...£300? in the space of 4 weeks are pretty bloody slim...soo, chances are you've already won the auction :p

still, im gonna do my best :heh: