Beautiful music?

PiNkMaGGiT

I rule at everything
Oct 28, 2002
Queensland, Australia
Visit site
I'm in the mood for some deadset beautiful music (must be metal of course). You know, the stuff that is so damn melodic and so brutal that you're torn between crying and punching walls. I want to experience the full gamut of emotions, not many songs have given me that (testament: the legacy, return to serenity; metallica: orion, dyers eve; COF: Bathory Area; Nevermore: Insignificant, DHIADW, We Disintegrate, Evo. 169, DNB, No More Will) etc etc. Any song suggestions, or band suggestions???

Try SENTENCED's latest album The Cold White Light , pretty damn emotive stuff on that.
Or MY DYING BRIDE's Turn Loose The Swans , they're some real dark brooding songs there.
TYPE O NEGATIVE's album World Coming Down could probably shed a tear or two, but all for the right reasons.
And finally CREMATORY's final ever album Believe has some real fucking emotional songs in it -Unspoken & Perils Of The Wind to name just a couple, but all of CREMATORY's albums have real saddening tunes on them.
Well, hope that helps there, Pinkmaggot. All those albums & bands have supremely beautiful and emotive music, so I's hope you look them up and enjoy.
Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

I'd agree....get a Devin Townsend album....Ocean Machine maybe.

also when I think of a beutiful metal song...
Dead Soul Tribe - Into the Spiral Cathedral
comes to mind.

Sentenced - Frozen, Down, Crimson.

All killer records... back when they weren't ridiculously humerous to listen to.

Excuse me.... while i KILL MYSELF duh duhd uhdhduhduhd duh duhd uuuuuh duhduhduhd duh duhd uhhhhh

My Dying Bride.
I was just listening to Meisterwerk II,"Two Winter Only" and "Your River" got me really emotional.I don't know,maybe it's that there was this sudden snow fall here and the snow tends to get me pretty depressed lately.Anyhow,My Dying Bride are one of the greatest bands in the world.One hell of a lot better than that gimmicky Cradle of Filth shit
---that coming from a former die-hard CoF fan,too.

Originally posted by Trapped

Excuse me.... while i KILL MYSELF
That reminds me of one of my friend's away message thing.She was the kind who pretended to be suicidal and have emotional problems just to get attention.She got the attention,too.She was just a little bitch.

I'm busily downloading as I type, I'm getting everything you guys are suggesting. So far:
Crematory - Unspoken: Like a lot, thought it sounded a little funny with the death vox over the music sometimes :D
At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul, Suicide Nation and Unto Others: Nothing particularly nice here, good music though.
Sentenced - No One There: I like it, sounds kinda mainstream but very good nonetheless.
Theatre of Tragedy - A Rose for the Dead: Kinda lacks momentum but interesting.
Nonexist - Ebony Tower: Good straight fucken metal. I think I'm going to really like this band, they sound very capable :)

Thats all I've gotten so far, on dial-up :(

Some of my own suggestions: Check out "what breaks a heart" and "Clouds race across the sky" by Joe Satriani. Very nice.