Bed Of Razors is/was a rip-off ( WTF! )

ND24/7 said:
Just thought everybody kind of knew, so...

Sixpounder VS A New Level by Pantera
Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood VS Unhallowed by Dissection

Yeah I agree.. but I still feel it's a bit of a rip off. It's not played differently, it's just played with a different instrument (some parts). But I also don't really care either, I like classical rip offs in fact :)

Yeah I think most people probably do I just hadn't heard it before... I don't know the song Unhallowed I'll have to listen to that sometime. Thanks!

The keyboard intro to Living Dead Beat sounds SOMEWHAT like the intro to the song In The Heat Of The Night, by To/Die/For. A band that, up until five minutes ago, I thought Roope was once in. But I can't find anything about him being in that band now. But anyway, when I listened to Living Dead Beat for the first time, I immediately knew I had heard that melody before. It's not EXACT, but pretty similar. I don't think Alexi knowingly steals all these things, except for a few instances, like Red Light In My Eyes Part 1/2.

j0tun said:
The keyboard intro to Living Dead Beat sounds SOMEWHAT like the intro to the song In The Heat Of The Night, by To/Die/For. A band that, up until five minutes ago, I thought Roope was once in. But I can't find anything about him being in that band now. But anyway, when I listened to Living Dead Beat for the first time, I immediately knew I had heard that melody before.

Well it's a very simplistic melody so I bet it's been done a thousand times before. Just listen to Rapture's Misery 24/7 for example. But so what, I think it's a catchy riff with a good rhytm guitars.

SSJ4SephirothX said:
OMG Red Light in My Eyes Part 2 is such a ripoff from Mozart's Symphony No. 25!!11oneoneone

Seriously, who gives a shit. Everybody recycles music.
haha true..

Confusion said:
alexi also has an annihiltor "influence" on chokehold, just listen to annihilator's king of the kill

110% in agreement. That's probably the one song where i think he took alot of Jeff Waters influence when writing the song. Actually alot of magazines asked Alexi about that song. Alexi just admits he's a huge Jeff Waters fan and loves the first 2 Annihilator albums.

PS. I'm sure he's heard Alison Hell..c'mon guys

Who cares.. Besides it's possible that you think a melody has pumped into your head, and you just can't tell whether someone's made it before, you know.

I like it when bands rip themselves off and they dont know till someone tells them, thats just fun for everybody.

SSJ4SephirothX said:
OMG Red Light in My Eyes Part 2 is such a ripoff from Mozart's Symphony No. 25!!11oneoneone

Seriously, who gives a shit. Everybody recycles music.

If you didn't know they do say that its from Mozart's Symphony No.25. And other places and things and what not.

Missiles said:
Yup, it is. I dunno if this has been discussed before, if it has, blame Joonas.

The other I was listening to an Annihilator CD with some friends and went the first seconds of "Alison Hell" came in we were like "Huh, I've listened to this before..."

Listen to Annihilator - Alison Hell and then to Bed Of Razors and you'll realize quickly!

o_O

In that same song if you listen to it starting at 0:48 and then listen to Living Dead Beat at 0:48 they sound very similar and that there both at 0:48 is weird.