Been atleast two years since I recorded using a real amp. Critiques? (Deathcore)

kylendm

Apr 18, 2010
NJ
Basically as the title says. It's been forever since I recorded using a mic and cab haha. I have the song posted on here already but I'm looking for opinions on this final mix of the song using a real amp. It was reamped into:
TS9 -> ISP -> Baron K88 -> Bogner 4x12 (v30s) -> SM57

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/kylendm/archdec9/s-obgXo[/SOUNDCLOUD]

It was a single mic 57. It was just in between the cone and the dust cap. Thanks guys! Glad you dig it!

Thanks man. If you like it check out my band A World Without, we have a bunch of other songs similar coming soon.

Anyway, glad you guys like it. I'm super suprised how fast I got this tone, I literally just put the mic where I used to and pressed record and it came out pretty decent. I wish I could get it brighter without it sounding fizzy. I tried EQing it but it just brings out fizz. Working with mic placement a little more would probably do it though.

Guitars are really clear, love that twangy tone. The song itself is pretty badass to.
The snare is kind of robotic, the velocity dosnt seem to change much at all.

Volume was super minimal. it was like 8 o clock on both master and and preamp volume haha. It was just my room in the basement. Concrete walls and wood paneled walls.

I think Marc is right about the snare it actually has no velocity changes now that I look at it. :lol: