Been making my own drum samples

i like the drum sound you got here quite a bit and those arpeggios @11secs are absolutely mind boggling.

Man this is the second thread I've gotten that claim!

Just did a little automating to the playing.

Hehe well it sounds so ridiculously tight that's why. Just post a youtube video when you play one of those really amazing riffs and noone will doubt :) Because they are really awesome man!!!

I heard two phrases in the song that were obviously fake. This is a result of putting amp simulation on clean guitar sample libraries. The distortion doesn't naturally 'wrap' around each note/string. Instead, the distortion coats it all as one, thus resulting in an artificial sound (mostly recognized at fast picking speeds). Drums sound great though!

I heard two phrases in the song that were obviously fake. This is a result of putting amp simulation on clean guitar sample libraries. The distortion doesn't naturally 'wrap' around each note/string. Instead, the distortion coats it all as one, thus resulting in an artificial sound (mostly recognized at fast picking speeds). Drums sound great though!

Good try! I know what you're saying, as I've experimented with that in the past.. But I'll post a video of me playing this soon. I've been really busy the past few days so it's really hard to just sit down and shred or get these samples in a zip.

I'm glad you took no offense, I'm only going by what my ears are telling me and the knowledge I've gained from using guitar sample libraries for over 10 years. The arpeggios at the end just don't sound natural to me. When I play/record tap or sweep arpeggios, every string and note carries unique attributes. The attack of the guitar in the sample sounds too consistent and each note is being picked independently rather than in a more natural, fluid motion. A video would be nice but don't feel like it's necessary. Your composition sounds great, whether it's performed organically or artificially.

I think everyone knows he can play.

Fact is that the guitar at the end does sound quantized to fuck.

And if it isn't, I do not envy your technique/skills at all (okay, maybe just a little)

Sick drum tones though brah!
Keen as fuck for them samples!
and cymabl ssamples would be choice as too.

I'm glad you took no offense, I'm only going by what my ears are telling me and the knowledge I've gained from using guitar sample libraries for over 10 years. The arpeggios at the end just don't sound natural to me. When I play/record tap or sweep arpeggios, every string and note carries unique attributes. The attack of the guitar in the sample sounds too consistent and each note is being picked independently rather than in a more natural, fluid motion. A video would be nice but don't feel like it's necessary. Your composition sounds great, whether it's performed organically or artificially.

Wow! I didn't even know that guitar sample libraries existed (Honest).

I think one reason it sounds like this is because I have the coil tap enabled on my carvin on the neck pickup.