Been making my own drum samples

Do you bro's what the processed version of this snare? Because otherwise it just sounds like a typical mic'd snare, honestly. I think the majority of what you're hearing is the mixture of my processing and the room samples I used.

Do you bro's what the processed version of this snare? Because otherwise it just sounds like a typical mic'd snare, honestly. I think the majority of what you're hearing is the mixture of my processing and the room samples I used.

To be honest i think that the processed version would be easier than having to do it myself haha, so sure, I want the processed version :D

and hell yeah we need some cymbal samples as well :rofl:

I bet you think you're quite a good guitar player which must equal a ego, and since you're an AE as well you know how much shit one can do to make crappy playing sounding ok and how much time and effort it takes from the AE, not the musician.
Doesn't your ego get a little butthurt each time you start editing your own DI's? Because you KNOW this isn't truly you shredding like a madmen.
If your not happy with the take just rerecord it instead dammit. /rant

I think the samples sounds quite good though.

I bet you think you're quite a good guitar player which must equal a ego, and since you're an AE as well you know how much shit one can do to make crappy playing sounding ok and how much time and effort it takes from the AE, not the musician.
Doesn't your ego get a little butthurt each time you start editing your own DI's? Because you KNOW this isn't truly you shredding like a madmen.

Whats your problem about his playing dude? He said he punched in a few times, he said that he didn't do the Sturgis treatment and punch in every note, so if yous don't like it, go STFU! This thread has like 3 pages and they are almost all about if hes "really" playing the song, its about the drum samples, the DRUM SAMPLES MAN

And on another note, sick playing Nick! and i can't wait for these drum samples :D

... I've always thought I was quite humble, actually.

I've worked hard with my guitar skills in the past.. I used to practice 10-12 hours a day.. Literally. I went to berklee and did nothing but study and practice.. I got into a lot of styles and techniques.. I don't know what's so odd about that. Sometimes you're going to hear something that you don't want to think is real (not saying that my playing is an example).. And a lot of times it ends up being real.. I'll use this for an example again.

http://www.myspace.com/shaneshred

Listen to "Emo Village Pillage"..

Fist time I heard that I could've sworn it was a keyboard or something.. Nope.. It's all him playing.

shit, man, what the hell is all that? Ta det lung, biotch. The guy is offering drum samples and people are bitching about guitars? Jeez...

I went to berklee for 2 years 06-07
I can say that there are guitarists and drummers who sit in practice rooms for hours on end practicing.
I have friends who play to a level much the same as nick. I don't understand how they get do good. Haha

shit, man, what the hell is all that? Ta det lung, biotch. The guy is offering drum samples and people are bitching about guitars? Jeez...

+1

I went to berklee for 2 years 06-07
I can say that there are guitarists and drummers who sit in practice rooms for hours on end practicing.
I have friends who play to a level much the same as nick. I don't understand how they get do good. Haha

I know, there are some incredibly talented guitarists who can play tight enough to sound edited, and Nick must be one of them :D

... I've always thought I was quite humble, actually.

I've worked hard with my guitar skills in the past.. I used to practice 10-12 hours a day.. Literally. I went to berklee and did nothing but study and practice.. I got into a lot of styles and techniques.. I don't know what's so odd about that. Sometimes you're going to hear something that you don't want to think is real (not saying that my playing is an example).. And a lot of times it ends up being real.. I'll use this for an example again.

http://www.myspace.com/shaneshred

Listen to "Emo Village Pillage"..

Fist time I heard that I could've sworn it was a keyboard or something.. Nope.. It's all him playing.

I too think you come of as humble guy. :)
I guess my post got a bit harsher than I intended, I blame that on it's been more than a week since the last time I went to the gym...
Maybe I should've used the words: "confident in your playing" instead? You said yourself you've been playing for 10-12 hours a day for a long time. Don't you teach too? And one of the best solos I've heard from this place came from you. You MUST be really good! And I would've accepted if you wrote it's all you. But you wrote yourself:
"Thanks dude. I didn't record the guitars in any special way really. I punched in for sections, but not notes. And then just to make it sound nicer I automated some of the DI's notes to be a little more snappy for the initial attack. I do that a lot for some stuff. I then just slip edited the guitars."

This automation is what makes people think it sounds weird. I don't bother editing my own DI's, why should NSGUITAR that is 9.534 times better than me do it? I just think it was a unnecessary move, you probably would've gotten the same praise without does edits. :)
What my posts really boils down to is: I don't like the idea of editing DI's.

Emovillage Pillage is crazy haha.

I shall leave this thread now and to not make this post 100% off topic I shall say that the sample that sounded not so good on those clips were the toms.

I too think you come of as humble guy. :)
I guess my post got a bit harsher than I intended, I blame that on it's been more than a week since the last time I went to the gym...
Maybe I should've used the words: "confident in your playing" instead? You said yourself you've been playing for 10-12 hours a day for a long time. Don't you teach too? And one of the best solos I've heard from this place came from you. You MUST be really good! And I would've accepted if you wrote it's all you. But you wrote yourself:
"Thanks dude. I didn't record the guitars in any special way really. I punched in for sections, but not notes. And then just to make it sound nicer I automated some of the DI's notes to be a little more snappy for the initial attack. I do that a lot for some stuff. I then just slip edited the guitars."

This automation is what makes people think it sounds weird. I don't bother editing my own DI's, why should NSGUITAR that is 9.534 times better than me do it? I just think it was a unnecessary move, you probably would've gotten the same praise without does edits. :)
What my posts really boils down to is: I don't like the idea of editing DI's.

Emovillage Pillage is crazy haha.

I shall leave this thread now and to not make this post 100% off topic I shall say that the sample that sounded not so good on those clips were the toms.

:)

Well that's good, because they were superior toms! I haven't sampled toms yet.

I listened to it like a dozen times and couldn't pay attention to the drums eheh Your playing/composition is sick!

For what it's worth...he lives down the road from me, and we have jammed/hungout many times. He is a great friend. He is a bad ass guitarist and producer. Nuff said.

I never meant to say NSGuitar was some cop out...seems like a real genuine guy. Not criticizing the playing either, just the tone that I heard is reminiscent of a electric guitar synth such FL slayer or Guitar Pro's RSE. The only part really in question were the arpeggios at the end. I'm not doubting that he can play those, they sound like your standard minor to major 5 string arpeggio run (sounds like D# to E). Once again, I'll echo that the drum samples sound great and hopefully you make a few bucks off of these when they're ready.

Hehe this turned out to be more personal rather than being about drum samples. :Spin:

please post samples NSGUITAR