beer/liquor/absinthe thread

Sam Adams Triple Boch kicks ass. I'll have to look for that Skullsplitter, but the last time I drank beer with a viking on the label it didn't meet expectations. Kinmount Willey, it was sort of weak. I drank it out of the bottle though, that's blasphemy!!!

"Grey Goose goes to 11."
"But what makes Grey Goose better?"
"Well, you see, it goes to 11."
:lol:

NAD said:
Sam Adams Triple Boch kicks ass. I'll have to look for that Skullsplitter, but the last time I drank beer with a viking on the label it didn't meet expectations. Kinmount Willey, it was sort of weak. I drank it out of the bottle though, that's blasphemy!!!

Is that supposed to be a viking? Oh man, I think real vikings might be offended. It even says product of Scotland on the bottle. I think he's got a dead sheep around his neck.

"Grey Goose goes to 11."
"But what makes Grey Goose better?"
"Well, you see, it goes to 11."
:lol:

But how much more grey can you get I ask? None more grey. :lol:

Is anybody down with Tequila?

If so, have you ever tried the real stuff . . . Agave?

I'm curious how much better it actually is compared to something like Jose Cuervo. I can't afford Agave yet.

Jose Cuervo is cat piss compared to quality blue agave-derived tequila. It doesn't matter whether it's clear or the more familiar golden color, but I prefer clear.

Some great tequilas (meaning they certainly don't need the shitty training wheels that Jose Cuervo does):

Patron
Sauza Commemorativo
Cabo Wabo (Sammy Hagar's brand, don't laugh, it's one of the two or three best tequilas in the world)
Don Julio

Enjoy!

markgugs said:
Jose Cuervo is cat piss compared to quality blue agave-derived tequila.
Exactly. Cuervo is hardly even tequila! 1800 is ALMOST halfway decent, but not really. I prefer Patron and Don Julio, I keep hearing Cabo Wabo is excellent stuff, and I'm not the biggest fan of Sauza, unless it's in a margachita.

That does look like a dead sheep around his neck, doesn't it? :lol:

What are some of the shots that are popular where you're from? Or what are your favorite shots?

One shot that is always fun to get crazy with is a "Prarie Fire". It's Tequila with a drop or two of tabasco. Good stuff.

I'm also down with 151 rum shots on occasions that I want to get wasted.

Bourbon is OK to shoot, but I respect it more as a mixed drink or on the rocks if it's quality bourbon.

Generally Tequila is the thing to shoot as far as I'm concerned. There are quite a few good tequila shots.

Ice cold SoCo w/ lime juice is always a crowd-pleaser, as is chilled Stoli 'O'. MindErasers are superb for those nights when you'd enjoy being carried home. I can't stand all the syrupy crap shots (Jagermeister, Rumplemintz, Blackhaus - which is affectionately known now as Blackout - Goldschlager, etc.).

smotheredhope said:
we do Snake Bites around here

Oh dear, I remember snake bites from when I used to live around 'there'. Everyone has that drink that they got really sick on and will never drink again... I think it's snake bites for me.

One time when I was studying in Germany we did some tequila shots that were served with an orange slice & cinammon (rather than lime & salt). I thought it was decent at the time, but everytime after that when I was back in the States and tried to duplicate it, everyone who tasted it nearly puked. Has anyone else tried tequila with orange & cinammon?

Ho hum, that's all when I was able to drink. I have become a very cheap date in the last couple of years. And my hangovers now.... oh my god.

I would rather enjoy the taste of my alcohol so I drink it on the rocks rather than do shots. The only thing I shoot is Jagermeister, but usually I just enjoy the whole bottle. :)

Has anyone had "Aftershock"? I had it once in Scotland. Holy crap, it tastes like friggin' listerine.

You're supposed to take the shot, hold it under your tongue for a couple of seconds, and then gulp. In thirty seconds, your teeth enamel is stripped and your tongue is blistered.

The only cure is a pint of slow poured Guiness.

lizard said:
you fools, any metal fan worth his mead will prefer Skullsplitter Ale, from the Orkney Islands...
skullsplitter_med.jpg

That would be severely Metal if it wasn't being poured into a girly glass -_-

bloodfiredeath said:
frown.gif
I'm just not feeling the love for cheap American beer in this thread.
Definitely not.
pukeface.gif
:D Michelob is okay because they try to copy the microbreweries and do a halfway decent job.

NAD said:
Definitely not.
pukeface.gif
:D Michelob is okay because they try to copy the microbreweries and do a halfway decent job.

Once I was all hoity toity about beer. I scoffed at the cheap American stuff, wouldn't have anything to do with anything like that. I'd go to friends barbeque's and bring my own six pack with me. And hell no, I wouldn't touch a can, are you kidding me? I was a sad, misguided person.

Then one day, I discovered the sparkling beauty that is the champagne of beers, Miller High Life, and a whole new world was opened to me. Now, you're spending 10 dollars or more on a six pack, and I'm getting a 30 pack for 10.99. Ha ha...

Give me a Stroh's, Coors, Pabst, High Life anyday. :)

You will all learn one day.

I pay $5.99 a 6-pack for most of my beer, but you're right, for the individual ones that I usually get its expensive. D'oh.

bloodfiredeath said:
Once I was all hoity toity about beer. I scoffed at the cheap American stuff, wouldn't have anything to do with anything like that. I'd go to friends barbeque's and bring my own six pack with me. And hell no, I wouldn't touch a can, are you kidding me? I was a sad, misguided person.

Then one day, I discovered the sparkling beauty that is the champagne of beers, Miller High Life, and a whole new world was opened to me. Now, you're spending 10 dollars or more on a six pack, and I'm getting a 30 pack for 10.99. Ha ha...

Give me a Stroh's, Coors, Pabst, High Life anyday. :)

You will all learn one day.

Dude, I'm right there with you bro.

In college, I was all microbrew this, and microbrew that. Which is all well and good occasionally, but I'm perfectly fine with swill. And yes, for the record, Miller High Life is truly, the Champagne of Beers.

I've been thoroughly enjoying Labbat Blue lately, a cheap Canadian pilsner, so I'm not a total beer snob. :)

OK lets get serious about beer - Belgian beer. I kid thee not, it's good stuff. Duvel (Devil) is excellent (and it'll goes right to your legs), and then of course there is Lucifer..muwahahahaah.

lucifer.jpg