beer/liquor/absinthe thread

My favorite Belgian is Chimay, that's some excellent stuff. Of course Duvel is excellent as well, and I'll have to find some Lucifer some time. Belzebuth (insane French ale, 15% alcohol!) is my Satanic beer of choice. :hotjump:

The thing about 99% of most Belgian ales is that they're hardly what I would choose for drinking! Sure, maybe they're good for sipping, but we all know that only wusses sip beer. Plus they make you fart. And they're mostly brewed by Trappist monks, and what good has ever come from that?

I enjoyed quite a few Miller High Lifes these past 2 days. Ahhh...the champagne of beers indeed. *burp*

Corona is the only kind of American Beer ill drink, im more particular to European drafts, but im not much of a beer drinker all over. Jack Daniels is a favorite of mine in the states, although i gotta friend who brews moonshine occasionally, you havent lived till youve taken a good shot of pure moonshine..

markgugs said:
Sure, maybe they're good for sipping, but we all know that only wusses sip beer. Plus they make you fart. And they're mostly brewed by Trappist monks, and what good has ever come from that?

Sipping? Farting? Trappist Monks? What the heck!? :lol:

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Corona is the only kind of American Beer ill drink, im more particular to European drafts, but im not much of a beer drinker all over.

Corona sends me to sleep - no idea why, but it does make a good nightcap for me.

Jack Daniels is a favorite of mine in the states, although i gotta friend who brews moonshine occasionally, you havent lived till youve taken a good shot of pure moonshine..

Don't people use moonshine to strip dried paint!? :eek:

If I'm not mistaken, Corona is a Mexican beer, not American. Good with lime.

I'm drinking a mexican beer right at this moment. Dos Equis Amber.
First time to try it as the store was out of Dundee's Honey Brown, the my alltime favorite out there.

For cheap American, you absolutely cannot beat the $3.69 six pack long neck bottles of Icehouse.

That Lucifer beer looks like pure piss!

Drank a shitload of Butt Light at my buddy's band practice last night, that shit is just water but it's cool because you drink 10 and are sober within a few hours.

Yeah, but Butt Light makes you piss fifty times after three sips. It just goes right through. Not like Guiness - you can drink 10 of those and not piss until the following day, heh.

You know you drank too much when you go to sleep (read: pass out) at 2am and do not piss until 10pm the next day.

I'm sure you have, but you ever drink any Tadcaster or Fullers? Those are my favorite British beers (Fuller's ESB literally tastes like butter!), even over a black and tan made with Guiness and Bass.

NAD said:
I'm sure you have, but you ever drink any Tadcaster or Fullers?
No to Tadcaster, but yes to Fullers. I agree, it's excellent. It reminds me of Boddingtons.

You want creamy beer/ale? Try Tetleys Bitter. It is unbelievable, and you have to get it poured from the tap (draught) - it's so drinkable, and it goes down really smooth. I'm not sure if you can get draught cans/bottles of it here - I have seen Boddingtons though.

If you ever come to England, I'll tell you some of the best places to get real bitter. Well, in fact, any English pub should serve a decent pint. (And here I am in NY...jeez, I'm homesick).

I'm sick of summer lagers and all their soda pop fizzyness and belching. Fuck the summer and heat. Autumn/Winter calls for room temperature ale and stout and lots of sick black metal.

JayKeeley said:
No to Tadcaster, but yes to Fullers. I agree, it's excellent. It reminds me of Boddingtons.
Isn't Tadcaster a Samuel Smith beer? I like their pale ale alot. Fullers is pretty good too. I like the London Pride.

My favorite English ale is Ruddle's County.

Autumn/Winter calls for room temperature ale and stout and lots of sick black metal.
Fuck that european warm beer bullshit. My brew has gots to be cold!!!

JayKeeley said:
I'm sick of summer lagers and all their soda pop fizzyness and belching. Fuck the summer and heat. Autumn/Winter calls for room temperature ale and stout and lots of sick black metal.
I prefer my darker beers at slightly above room temperature, usually I'll pour one from the fridge and let it sit for 5 minutes. Newcastle works good warm. I've seen Boddingtons, I'll pick some up at the liquor store next time. Tetley's Bitter, I'll keep an eye out at pubs. I do thoroughly enjoy freezing cold and fizzy IPAs during the summer though. :)

bloodfiredeath said:
Isn't Tadcaster a Samuel Smith beer? I like their pale ale alot. Fullers is pretty good too. I like the London Pride.
Ah, you're right. The whole Samuel Smith line is excellent, I think the Tadcaster was the first I tried.

Hey wait a second, I'm drinking Butt Light, and bloodfiredeath is talking of high quality British beers!?!? :loco:

Murphy's Draught Stout is highly recommended for any Guiness *ahem* fans.

Marin Brewing Co. is quickly becoming my favorite brewer. NON-pastuerized excellent quality beer. San Quentin's Breakout Stout is very thick and bold, but not dirt. White Knuckle Double IPA is by far the hoppiest beer I've ever had, but with a smooth finish so it doens't burn up your nasal passage. If you like hops, this is your beer.

'Tis the season for Stater Bros. brand egg nog with a bit of the scotch... yum.

Tried a Lucifer last weekend, eh, that was pretty average Belgian. Good but nothing special.

Also had several Dogfish Head Chicory Stout, I assume that coffee flavor came complete with caffeine because I was up until 5am talking my woman's ear off.

I got this cool ten pack of beers from around the world for my birthday October 30 (devil's night). It has beer from South Africa, Equidor, Czech Rebulic, Italy, Canada and so on.