Before Their Eyes - Untouchable

ArroldW

Sound Engineer/Producer
Dec 22, 2010
San Diego
www.myspace.com
So I REALLY like the drums on this production. The snare sounds a lot bigger then his usual drums. I've noticed Joey does this "bigger snare" tones for the softer bands [Lets get it, the march ahead, ect.] Just wanted to know if it was a Z1 with a shit ton of verb added on it or a Z1 AND a Z4 at the same time.

And as far as the vocal melodies, did the vocalist write all of the melodies and Joey just fine tune them or are they collaborated between vocals and joey and then finalized with the band? Thanks

So I REALLY like the drums on this production. The snare sounds a lot bigger then his usual drums. I've noticed Joey does this "bigger snare" tones for the softer bands [Lets get it, the march ahead, ect.] Just wanted to know if it was a Z1 with a shit ton of verb added on it or a Z1 AND a Z4 at the same time.

And as far as the vocal melodies, did the vocalist write all of the melodies and Joey just fine tune them or are they collaborated between vocals and joey and then finalized with the band? Thanks

can't remember the combination i ended up with, but i used slate for this cd

we had a guy from island records write like 70% of the vocal melodies. he was a co-writer for the entire album. the rest was done by me and nick. a few songs on this disc are the result in my attempting to write big time radio songs ie: "not alone" and "start with today"

fun fact: the only real instrument on start with today is the slide guitar (played by my dad). wrap your head around that one! yes, the acoustic guitar isnt real.

can't remember the combination i ended up with, but i used slate for this cd

we had a guy from island records write like 70% of the vocal melodies. he was a co-writer for the entire album. the rest was done by me and nick. a few songs on this disc are the result in my attempting to write big time radio songs ie: "not alone" and "start with today"

fun fact: the only real instrument on start with today is the slide guitar (played by my dad). wrap your head around that one! yes, the acoustic guitar isnt real.

I always wondered about that, cause the first time I heard the song, I was reminded of this

Last edited by a moderator:
I just feel like a lot of people would like this album a lot more if the tracks had been rearranged. All the heavier songs are at the end. They should be more mixed!