Behemoth "Conquer All" attempt

sallieritus

Nov 3, 2007
Well I tried to do a bit of Behemoth's "Conquer All" to test out my pod x3's tones. I know the guitars are on a different key than the original song and not all the guitar parts match but again, just a tone test. I know the drum snare and toms need to be brought up and maybe lower reverb a bit. Any opinions?

http://www.upload.celtiaproductions.co.uk/uploads/01 - bh10.mp3

Just a bit more hi-end as already said but not too much otherwise it will sound fizzy as fuck.

The guitar sound is quite good at now.

Something weird with the left guitar though... Are the guitars dual-tracked or quad-tracked ? The left guitar sounds like there's delay AND/OR reverb, which sucks. Am i dreaming ?

Sounds really good to me...A TOUCH more high end like others have said, but not too much. I like dark guitar sounds. Which models was that? Cab model? Sounds really natural.

-Joe

djabthrash- the guitars are quad-tracked but yeah... I think the reverb is a bit too high on the guitars
JDavisNJ- The guitar tones I used were actually pod 6 x3 presets. One is the "Near and Far L/Near and Far R" preset which uses a line 6 spinal puppet amp with a 4x12 '96 British Celest v30 cab and the other is the "Angel P-ball" preset which uses a 2002 angel p-ball amp with a 4X12 Treadplate cab.

I will be working more on the song later in the day and hopefully get a new version with added highs

Now there's too much mids and lows, probably because of the removal of reverb, which made them seem more distant. The tone sounds really bloated.

First try removing mids.

Kinda OT, but isn't Behemoth ripping off Anthrax's 'Be All End All' with that main riff?