BEHEMOTH RULE

i would have put that the opposite way around but fair enough

Into Cold Darkness, Dawn of the Apocalypse, and ( some ) of Dechristianize are BAD ASS death metal. With Dechristianize and Icons of Evil they really went off the deep end as far as repetition and sameyness is concerned, but they still have some pretty good songs...

I really need to make my remix of IoE, where I just cut the songs in half :lol:

annihilation of the wicked is one of the finest albums ever made
it transcends death metal, transcends metal, it's just pure and simply one of the best albums EVER
and you have the guts to say vital remains are better?
how the actual fuck does that work?!

Bought demigod as well. Fucking great.

Man their shit is brutal and relentless... but somehow so LISTENABLE. I've been a fan of death metal for years and years, but usually after an album (or two) I want to listen to something a little different than blastbeats.

Man their shit is brutal and relentless... but somehow so LISTENABLE. I've been a fan of death metal for years and years, but usually after an album (or two) I want to listen to something a little different than blastbeats.

Dude, that right there is the key to why they're my favorite extreme metal band - I do like Nile, but there's no contest IMO, I get tired of them pretty quickly, and the truly incomprehensibly wretched guitar tones don't help matters :loco: Definitely check out "Zos Kia Cultus" too! (it has a couple of weak tracks, like "Blackest ov the Black", but "As Above so Below" and the title track are fucking AWESOME :headbang: )

The production on Evangelion doesn't bug me nearly as much as the poor songwriting. There's lots of rehashed riff ideas throughout the record. I still enjoy it but they could have done much better.