Behringer 5150 CLONES! The 6260!

Hi 16S, no problem. I am a total looser when it comes to recording heavy guitar sounds. I've tried for years without great luck... ;-(
The Bugera gets pretty saggy (saggy as in lack of crisp attack) in the low-end when the gain is cranked beyond 12 o'clock, is any 5150/6505 user around to say if this is the same with the "original" amps?

Someone has made a relatively long load of samples of the 6262, and it sounds pretty good to me... He's obviously not much of a 'metal' head, but I reckon it sounds pretty decent:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm road testing one tomorrow, for the price as long as it doesnt blow up who cares, its a cheap road head - if needs be get it services and replace what's not right and yer off and running

Hi 16S, no problem. I am a total looser when it comes to recording heavy guitar sounds. I've tried for years without great luck... ;-(
The Bugera gets pretty saggy (saggy as in lack of crisp attack) in the low-end when the gain is cranked beyond 12 o'clock, is any 5150/6505 user around to say if this is the same with the "original" amps?

Past 1 0'clock on the gain knob, the 5150 gets compressed and yes it looses a little bit of attack definition

Past 1 0'clock on the gain knob, the 5150 gets compressed and yes it looses a little bit of attack definition

Yes, that's the same thing with the Bugera. The sound gets so compressed that it even feels as if the attack is delayed a bit. It's a bit weird because below 12 o'clock the amp has such a defined and crunchy attack that other amps dream of. That's something that neither my Marshalls nor my Engl Preamp do even when pushed heavily with boost pedals. I noticed the same thing with a Fame Bulldozer (Russian Rectifier Clone) I tested for some days.

well after listening to the clips....and going to test them myself. i dont see myself not getting one of these, for that price and the sound....the thing is i personnaly dont have loyalty to any company, i'll use what helps me achieve the sound i want, and if it's legal for me to own it, then i'll buy it.

I've checked the amp out as much as possible. It seems to me that the amp has the potential to be good, but they probably used cheap pots, etc. etc. Hopefully they didn't crap out on the transformers either, because that would be very bad. But if I bought the amp, I would definitely swap out the stock tubes for sure.