Behringer 5150 CLONES! The 6260!

The XXX actually started out as a signature series head for a guitar player that was just o fickle to put his name to anything. In the end the siganture series naver happened but they had put so much work into it that they needed to release the head anyway.

George Lynch? Yeah Even though he didn't put his name on it, he still used them...

What makes me feel a little weird is the peavey mail...nobody told mesa about peavey and their XXX? if you want to find resemblances, they're there on the front.
The way I see it is like if we mailed gibson asking them about the esp eclipses. We could name schecter for ripping strats too.
Maybe we like or dislike behringer, but it's not a matter of anger.

Like I said, it was possible Peavey and Behringer were really working together, the way I half suspect Randall and B-52 are. I'm [half-assedly] studying law, so I enjoy learning about back room agreements and international loopholes and such. No worries. :)

Its not like they said lets build our version of the mesa and put em head to head like Behringher have done here. Peavey are also very proud of their range of patents.

Talking of which...

-----

Date: Jan 22, 2007 12:41 PM
Subject: In Response
To: iekobrid@****

In response to your email:

There is no agreement whatsoever for licensing our designs with or to
Behringer. In fact there is some question as to whether or not they may
be in violation of several of our Patents.

Thank your for your loyal support of Peavey.

Frederick J. Poole
Manager of Product Development
601.486.**** Office
800.821.**** Factory Direct

Ive also just heard that Peavey Europe at least have no intention of taking action against Behringer althought the USA is a different matter.

Ive also just heard that Peavey Europe at least have no intention of taking action against Behringer althought the USA is a different matter.

Yeah I sent an email to Peavey just as iekobrid did, and the response said that they are actively looking into legal action here in the states. I have a feeling it will be a very long time before anything happens, if anything at all.

Ok, one more thing before one more fucking comment about Peavey ripping off Mesa...

At least be accurate and go all the way back to the SLO 100 being the core of *their* big design.

That said, if it sounds decent Peavey will have some reasons to drop price.

Keessi, one MESA matched pair of 6L6 comes out to fifty euros. Take into account that they're not using tubes that expensive in the first place, and that they have the bulk-buying advantage, and it doesn't come out that pricey. Fifteen euros for a preamp tube is pricey too - I just got two Tesla 12AX7s for preamps and paid (after shipping) $20 USD. The big bitch will be the transformer, and if you cheap out on that (as I'm sure NOBODY would EVER do, just on principle alone, but just for the sake of argument...) you're still pretty cheap for an amplifier.

Jeff

George Lynch? Yeah Even though he didn't put his name on it, he still used them...

Yep.

i doubt peavey will drop its price at all. Which would you rather own an original Gibson Les Paul or a Korean encore copy?

Obviously if it sounds the same why does it matter but theres a bit more prestige to having the original and thats still worth something to some people

i doubt peavey will drop its price at all. Which would you rather own an original Gibson Les Paul or a Korean encore copy?

Obviously if it sounds the same why does it matter but theres a bit more prestige to having the original and thats still worth something to some people

cd vs mp3 debate anyone?

anyway, how about this for humor:

nordic_lead.jpg

Behringer has announced their new synthesizer, the Nordic Lead. After hours of reverse engineering years of completely original design and development, they have created a professional, state-of-the-art synthesizer. You know that it's professional because they call it professional in the literature (several times), and it clearly says "Professional" on the back.

The Nordic Lead will begin to ship in June 2007. The final pricing has not been set, but Behringer expect it to be around $14.95.

It was an April fools joke, and unlike BUGERA, won't actually be shipping. Still pretty funny.

Have you seen B-52's line of solid state combos? I swear to god they're the G1 versions of Randall's RG line, just with differently coloured faceplates. I'd love to know if B-52 is ripping them off, or if Randall figured, "Hey, it's not like we're building these designs anymore. Fuck it, let's squeeze a few more bucks out of them, why not." Perhaps it was the beginning of a trend.

don't quote me on this, but from what i understand, randall and B-52 are owned by the same entity, which would explain the overlap there

I dont get it.. the Behringer page says 739.99 for the 6260... Sam Ash is selling them for 399.99

$740 would be the "official" list price...but nobody ever actually charges that much

And-nobody told Soldano about Mesa and their Rectifier ? ;)

...which, apart from using a broadly similar preamp circuit, is an entirely different amp. They certainly sound nothing alike. Besides having completely different voicings, the SLO is a simple (ever see the inside of one?) channel switcher with shared EQ. The Rectifier is a feature-laden beast with multiple modes per channel, switchable power amp modes- EL34/6L6, selectable rectifiers, bold/spongy- solo boost, channel cloning on the old 2 channel Recs, etc.

The 5150 is actually much closer to being an SLO copy than the Rectifier is.