Behringer fcb1010 and TC electronic G sharp

Oct 22, 2007
Ok, I bought these pieces of gear over christmas and I'm yet to get them working.

At the minute I dont care about any of the fancy features that either piece of gear can do, I just want to be able to switch between 3/4 patches and get the gear working well enough to justify the (for me anyway) massive expense.

I tried again today, doing a factory reset on both before i started.

First i stored some patches on the g sharp. Connected the 1010 (Midi out on the pedal to midi in on the tc, I did the "idiot check")

As I understand it (manuals have a way of leaving me more confused after reading than before) when you change preset on the behringer it sends a program change. When the G sharp receives a program change it changes preset... Right?

After a factory reset both are supposed to be using MIDI channel 1 (changing the g sharp to omni didn't help)

And still, absolutely nothing happens when i press any buttons on the behringer.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You have to dig into the fcb manual I think, might not be as simple as factory setting on both devices.

I just bought the g-switch couse i don't need ale the fancy switching, just preset up/down and bypass.

OK, gone over it and over it and I'm 99% sure that I've set everything up correctly. I can never be 100% sure I set anything up correctly but it seems ok to me.

I think it's a problem with the equipment, the MIDI cable I'm using is brand new, but i guess it could be a dud..

OK, gone over it and over it and I'm 99% sure that I've set everything up correctly. I can never be 100% sure I set anything up correctly but it seems ok to me.

I think it's a problem with the equipment, the MIDI cable I'm using is brand new, but i guess it could be a dud..

Do you have a MIDI interface for your computer you can use to verify that the Behringer is outputting MIDI? If so, grab a copy of this program for monitoring/analysing MIDI.

good luck

Jesse