behringer v-amp?

Metal Overload said:
Darl Tranquillity uses V-amp in their live show, however, i don´t like their guitar sounds

thats a very interesting fact, on their albums they usually have a really nice crunchy tone that goes well with their quick riffing, if it sounds like that then that makes me wanna consider it, but the pod will most likely blow it away.

xmidihcx said:
thats a very interesting fact, on their albums they usually have a really nice crunchy tone that goes well with their quick riffing, if it sounds like that then that makes me wanna consider it, but the pod will most likely blow it away.

My band opened his concert in monterrey, and it´s funny that they have used their V-amps instead of the Both Dual Rect that were in the venue, but i think they have their settings on their vamps ready for any show, it sound nice for their sound, wich doesn´t need to much punch, however i thing that those Duals were wasted and only used for "Make-up" the stage a little bit, because we didn´t use those amps neither:erk: , the tour manager was a totally asshole

Ravenous Enemy said:
I have a V-amp 2 and i have to say that i wish i'd got the pod instead, but i was too stingy. However, i think it is good, and also better value for money than the pod (it is VERY cheap). The range of tones is good and it does most pretty well. There's something funny about the distortion sound though... here's a quick track to using V-amp only

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1C7SV6TNRPVZX3PCPG1SYTGA3Q

Also, any opinions on this mix??

sounds really good, nice clean mix, the only thing is the upper mid range of the distortion is going to give me a problem, i already see it . . however, if you know how to operate that thing, im sure u can get some wicked tones. mix that in with a miked amp, throw in a tubescreamer or guitarsuite and you'll be good to go! i also get a really nice fresh distortion sound from my V-Wah. right now i'm using a presonus tube pre but my boy just found his old tube screamer so it is going to be a wrap pretty soon. I'm going to do an experiment comparing all the amp modeling plugins, i have most of them except amp farm :yuk:

Nitronium Blood said:

Oh but it is sadly true. Last night at the Opeth, Devin Townsend, Dark Tranquilty show, I saw Dark Tranquilities rig up front. They had a Dual Rectifier half stack on each side. They were on, but no guitar cable going into the input. On top of thead Dual Rectifier was a V-Amp and a Samson wireless unit. So yeah, needless to say, their tone didn't really cut thru too much last night. They didn't play to bad, but their tone had a bit more to be desired. But Devin's tone and Opeth's were spot on heavy. :headbang:

Why in hell would Dark Tranquillity use V-Amps? Maybe for their clean tone? I'm sure they were using the Mesas if they bothered bringing them. They sounded great the last 3 times I saw them (2 of those times were in 2005.) One of my favorite bands, killer guitar sound on "Character" album and tour.

Nope, it was pure V-Amp. As I said, they Mesa's were on, but no cables where going into the front instrument input. Plus the tone was noticiably different then Devin's (Devin and his guitarist both used Mesa Dual Recto's as well). None the less, they put on a good preformance, just their tone live wasn't up to par. But as Kazrog said, the tone on their albums is killer.