Behringer vs. Tascam Interface

Sam Bottner

Jul 18, 2010
Chicago
So I've been wanting to record drums for some time now, and my drummer has a mixer, but it's kind of a piece of shit and only has one out, so not an option at all. I was thinking of getting a Tascam US-1641 which I had heard good things about, but I saw that Behringer has a similar thing (http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHADA8000), but about $70 cheaper (obviously, because it's a Behringer) so I was kind of tempted to get it instead because it's cheaper and I don't have that much money to spend on equipment. I figured I would just save up the extra money to get the Tascam, because I'm just assuming it has better preamps than the Behringer, but I was wondering if that is actually true.

Would having slightly lower quality preamps make a big enough difference in drum recordings to justify spending $70-80 extra?

Thanks in advance.

Now that I look at it more, I'm also starting wonder if it is actually an interface...

I have to get one of those Tascam, it will be most probably my next aquisition to my homestudio.
I've seen Line6 UX8 and only has 8 inputs and this one has 14 and costs 100€ less

Does somebody has one and could make kind of a review?