Belladonna returns driving new album up charts

D put it pretty well. I also think John could have easily sang on this album.
IMO the music itself is pretty damn good and I think that has something to do with the popularity too.

bush is great but I'm sure this album is so good thanks to joey's voice, had sung bush had been just another average album

Well Belladonna is 100 percent whey this album is getting all of the hype it is. If Don Nelson was on vocals it wouldn't have gotten 1/2 the publicity.

"Anthrax returns with a new vocalist named Don Nelson" - That wouldn't really go over too well with any old school Anthrax fans. They would just laugh and be like 'oh man yet another singer?? wtf' and that would have been it.

Its funny all of the horrible decisions this band has made over the past 20 years. Now Joey comes back out of desperation as their last resort and it's the best business decision they have made in the past 20 years.

Fuckin idiots they are when it comes to business. But I guess finally something seems to be working out for them... hopefully Joey gets a bigger piece of the pie than those guys!

It's not 100% Joey, for anything in life to be a success, it has to be a combination. Of course Joey is a factor, so is the quality of the music/production, the Big 4 gigs (timing), promotion. Right place/ right time. Who knows, the album may still have been successful, and anyway, it's not released yet so we still don't really know what's gonna happen.

i think it will sell between 12000 and 15000,only negative is its been so damn long between album they probably lost a few over the years,lets hope we get them back,album sales dont really matter anymore,as long as they are on good tours and selling out thats the main thing that will keep anthrax going.

This day in age if you sell 100k albums is considered a big success. Back when Stomp, Volume 8, and WCFYA came out 100k albums for a big band like Anthrax was a total bust.

I will say they will sell about 20k the first week and will land them in the top 20 on billboard. But I am not sure it will go over 80k in the first month. I just see trends in how albums are sold and nobody except lady gaga and a few stupid rap artists are selling more than 100k albums these days.

Will be fun to see!

Sounds to me like you are already trying to justify yourself if the album doesn't sell.............

I've bought one copy. I know that my friend bought another one.....but the rest of the guys - at least here - have been downloading the album for free...:)

I'm buying it in the store on Tuesday. I suspect most of my metal friends in town will be doing the same. :headbang:

Wow, that's a really poor return for WCFYA. I reckon the new album will sell between 25 000 - 30 000 in first week

When WCFYA came out CD sales were still doing okay.

Now days 11,000 albums sold is like selling 30k back then.

I would say if Anthrax does 20k - 30k the first week that would be a huge success for a band that almost went into extinction. 20-30k these days is almost like 100k 10 years ago.

We'll see. I think the album will do decent but don't expect it to take them anywhere near their glory days. I don't think the material on the new album is strong enough to warrant a full blown come back. It's too bush-era sounding for most old school Anthrax fans imo. Too many pop choruses and rock songs.

But it's possible it could catch on with a new audience.. will be interesting to see what happens none the less!

When WCFYA came out CD sales were still doing okay.

Now days 11,000 albums sold is like selling 30k back then.

I would say if Anthrax does 20k - 30k the first week that would be a huge success for a band that almost went into extinction. 20-30k these days is almost like 100k 10 years ago.

We'll see. I think the album will do decent but don't expect it to take them anywhere near their glory days. I don't think the material on the new album is strong enough to warrant a full blown come back. It's too bush-era sounding for most old school Anthrax fans imo. Too many pop choruses and rock songs.

But it's possible it could catch on with a new audience.. will be interesting to see what happens none the less!

I think the fact that Belladonna is on it alone will be the reason that it gets better sales (or more downloads). One of the indie CD stores near me has the album out on the shelves already (along with the new Alice Cooper). I think the real test of pre-orders will be the Satan's Lounge Band show tomorrow nite with how many people show up.

Some guy on Blabbermouth commented that in an interview with Terrorizer magazine Joey makes it clear he's not staying. Please tell this is not fucking true?