berklee college of music

MX582

May 20, 2006
Katy, Texas
just wondering if any of you guys have been there? im planning on going there for the summer program in acouple days, should be pretty cool.

I'm sure it will be awesome, I've heard good things. Adam D. went there, if that means anything to you...and apparently one of his recording teachers told him that there is no money in metal, haha.

yea i heard adam d went there which is pretty cool and it seems alot of big producers have gone there not from just a metal genre..but as far as making money in metal..it seems like metals getting bigger and bigger everyday so maybe??

MX582 said:
yea i heard adam d went there which is pretty cool and it seems alot of big producers have gone there not from just a metal genre..but as far as making money in metal..it seems like metals getting bigger and bigger everyday so maybe??

Hey! I'm doing the summer program. Also I'm applying to the real school in the fall. Maybe I'll see you around.

Everyone I know who's gone loved it. I almost went there but opted to get a BA in Music from a regular state University so that I had a better resumé for getting a day job.

Sinister Mephisto said:
Hey! I'm doing the summer program. Also I'm applying to the real school in the fall. Maybe I'll see you around.

thats tight..your 16 right? im sure well be some of the youngest kids there haha and hopefully where not the only ones who dig metal there

Yeah, I turn 17 at the end of the month though. When exactly are you going and what for? Because I'm at the begining of the summer 5-week program right now. I've met a bunch of metal kids. It's certainly not an overwhelming number or anything though. :p

Razorjack said:
Aaron: You mean there is money to be made in metal for musicians?

I wasn't really specifically talking about musicians. And I was more trying to get at the fact that it's funny that Adam D. was told that there was no money in metal, but fast forward to the present...Killswitch Engage has enjoyed massive success, and he personally has enjoyed much success recording and producing many other metal bands, which he certainly has made good money off of. I don't think it's easy for very many people to get to a point where they can make money off recording metal, but someone like Andy is in such a successful position, simply because he is brilliant at what he does, and bands and clients around the world have recognized it, and that brings him the business he needs to be successful. For Andy and others like him, there is plenty of money in metal. It's simply about how good you are at it.

Aaron Smith said:
I wasn't really specifically talking about musicians. And I was more trying to get at the fact that it's funny that Adam D. was told that there was no money in metal, but fast forward to the present...Killswitch Engage has enjoyed massive success, and he personally has enjoyed much success recording and producing many other metal bands, which he certainly has made good money off of. I don't think it's easy for very many people to get to a point where they can make money off recording metal, but someone like Andy is in such a successful position, simply because he is brilliant at what he does, and bands and clients around the world have recognized it, and that brings him the business he needs to be successful. For Andy and others like him, there is plenty of money in metal. It's simply about how good you are at it.

I'd still bet that Adam doesn't make as much as you think. KsE has done well, but it pales in comparison to what "metal" used to sell (depending on what you call metal I guess). I do wonder how much he makes producing though.

In general, I'd agree with the Berklee teacher. :erk:

hey sinister mephisto where are you? pm me

edit: haha yea i guess ur right even tho theres a security officer down stairs and im only here for like 2 more days

nwright said:
I'd still bet that Adam doesn't make as much as you think. KsE has done well, but it pales in comparison to what "metal" used to sell (depending on what you call metal I guess). I do wonder how much he makes producing though.

a lot of it is about connections you have though. as well as being good at what you do, which is a given.

nwright said:
really? i wouldn't (i mean how much is the money we're talking about here?) .... and i'll bet Adam D. makes more now, off KSE, than that Berkeley teacher did teaching there.