Best 1986 thrash album

Status
Not open for further replies.
id have to say peace sells over all and thrash probably reign in blood, i really do not like metallica at all, im sorry i just cant stand them lol. but im not saying its one of the bands you shouldnt listen too, they were great in their day with kill em all but i dont like how commercial they are, i think my hatred towards them partly is because of megadeth, but i respect them because of they wasnt so gay megadeth wouldnt exist. i bet im going to get raped for this. probably by whatever his name is for my grammer or some shit too

i agree ocelot. i don't really think of puppets as a thrash album. to me its just a superb metal album with elements of thrash. though if you was to say whats your favourite album from 1986, master of puppets would win it every time for me.

Apart from the superb bit, this. Regardless of what people tell you, the fact is that MOP isn't thrash. Its just bog standard metal with some fast songs. The only reason it gets labelled thrash in the first place was because the band released two superior albums before it. Which is retarded.

saying MOP isn't a thrash album is like saying RIP isn't a thrash album
Rust In Peace is speed metal. So that negates your arguement entirely.

Apart from the superb bit, this. Regardless of what people tell you, the fact is that MOP isn't thrash. Its just bog standard metal with some fast songs. The only reason it gets labelled thrash in the first place was because the band released two superior albums before it. Which is retarded.

you think kill em all is better than puppets?

Speed metal is what you get when you play the number of the beast album at 220 BPM

^ :lol:

If I want thrash from Metallica I'll listen to Ride the Lightning. And that came out in '84 so its irrelevant to this thread.

Someone start a fucking poll on here, this thread is no longer relevant to my interests

Ride the lightning isnt REALLY a thrash album though is it...... when you really think about, it has an almost identical structure to puppets, so if you say puppets isnt a thrash album then lightning isnt either. is it dave. yeah thats right.

oh and the best 86 thrash album IS reign in blood. motherfuckers.

Ride the lightning isnt REALLY a thrash album though is it...... when you really think about, it has an almost identical structure to puppets, so if you say puppets isnt a thrash album then lightning isnt either. is it dave. yeah thats right.

oh and the best 86 thrash album IS reign in blood. motherfuckers.

:lol: You tosser

In all fairness, I haven't listened to Ride the Lightning for awhile, but I can tell you now that its A. infinitely thrashier than Master of Penis and B. has less shitty songs on it. I'll re-form an opinion on it later after I've dug it out of my endless CD collection.

As for Reign in Blood... I prefer Show No Mercy, but RiB DOES have Angel of Death. WHich is one of the best songs ever.

In all fairness, I haven't listened to Ride the Lightning for awhile, but I can tell you now that its A. infinitely thrashier than Master of Penis and B. has less shitty songs on it. I'll re-form an opinion on it later after I've dug it out of my endless CD collection.

As for Reign in Blood... I prefer Show No Mercy, but RiB DOES have Angel of Death. WHich is one of the best songs ever.

I'd like to know when the last time you listened to Puppets was

Because listening to it now (after going months without listening to it) it may not sound like Exodus or early Slayer

but it's Thrash in its own unique way

and I'm not just saying that to suck up to everyone who says it is thrash, because I still say that Reign in Blood is definitely the best 1986 Thrash Album.

the stuff you guys call thrash is generally geting close to the death metal end of the spectrum, i.e. dark angel, slayer, kreator, etc. but come on. no one here will deny that Testament, Exodus, or Death Angel are thrash, and Megadeth, Metallica and Overkill aren't too far from that.

Just because a band doesn't ride the E string (or Eb or D as the case may be) and incorperates some prog elements which require a simoleon of skill doesn't negate thrash status. Hell, Death Angel alone proves that.

the stuff you guys call thrash is generally geting close to the death metal end of the spectrum, i.e. dark angel, slayer, kreator, etc. but come on. no one here will deny that Testament, Exodus, or Death Angel are thrash, and Megadeth, Metallica and Overkill aren't too far from that.

Just because a band doesn't ride the E string (or Eb or D as the case may be) and incorperates some prog elements which require a simoleon of skill doesn't negate thrash status. Hell, Death Angel alone proves that.

:lol: Zehm, this is the most fucking stupid thing you've ever posted. Based on the account that you jump to conclusions and talk shit.

there isn't one bad song on Puppets, there is "Escape" and "Trapped under Ice" on lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.