Best 1986 thrash album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trapped Under Ice was one of the better songs on RTL if anything! Yeah its a bit 'meh' but still. Can't remember Escape whatsoever.

I might be the only person that likes Escape.

Oh, I love it....until that fecking chorus kicks in. Everyone argues that Metallica went 'commercial' with the black album.....nope, it was at that chorus right there that they started it off :heh:

Last edited by a moderator:
HAHA Master of Puppets isn't even thrash!

Darkness Descends, Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?, Pleasure to Kill, The Force, Malicious Intent, Eternal Devastation and above all Possessed By Fire. THOSE are worthy nominees, not Master of faggots. ITS NOT THRASH! THREE FAST SONGS ON AN ALBUM DOESN'T MAKE IT THRASH!!!!!!!

GOOM

:lol: You're telling me to get out of metal when you call Master of Puppets the best thrash album of 1986 when you've probably never even heard OF Exumer or Dark Angel, let alone heard their respective albums.

You fucked up this time, your last little outburst just put me into elitism mode! *strokes n00b-beating stick*

It's okay to not like Master of Puppets but to call it not thrash is just LOL and it makes me rage so hard.

edit:
:lol: You're telling me to get out of metal when you call Master of Puppets the best thrash album of 1986 when you've probably never even heard OF Exumer or Dark Angel

You went through my posts and saw that Master of Puppets was my number one most influential thrash album. I would say Reign in Blood is the best of 1986. You got me I have never heard of Exumer but I do own Darkness Descends and anyone can type 'thrash metal' into wikipedia and find the dark angel article.

:lol: You're telling me to get out of metal when you call Master of Puppets the best thrash album of 1986 when you've probably never even heard OF Exumer or Dark Angel, let alone heard their respective albums.

You fucked up this time, your last little outburst just put me into elitism mode! *strokes n00b-beating stick*

I don't think I've heard of Exumer either.

Exhumer and dark angel dont even hold a match up to MOP. MOP = premier league album. couldnt listen to them bands anywhere near as many times as i could listen to MOP.

before we all slam each others eyeballs out with axes........

this is a pretty good dispute actually, is MOP thrash? i think it has thrash songs on it, but im not sure if that means its a thrash album. there are more non thrash songs on the album than thrash songs..... im not sure what id label it as. probably under the "undeniable fucking classic" section.

You really have to look at what thrash really is: NWOBHM with the attitude of hardcore punk. Is it really music that just goes 200bpm? Or is it metal that is pure aggression that you can thrash to?

dave says there's only three "thrash songs" on MOP
If he's talking about speed there's four songs
Battery, MoP, Disposable Heroes, Damage Inc.

But if you look at thrash from the perspective of NWOBHM with hardcore punk elements, then really Orion is the only "not thrash" song because it's pretty much just classically inspired metal. Looking at Welcome Home, it's got some thrash in there.

Metallica's thrash leans more towards the NWOBHM roots wheras bands like Slayer and Exodus go more towards the punk roots.

You really have to look at what thrash really is: NWOBHM with the attitude of hardcore punk. Is it really music that just goes 200bpm? Or is it metal that is pure aggression that you can thrash to?

dave says there's only three "thrash songs" on MOP
If he's talking about speed there's four songs
Battery, MoP, Disposable Heroes, Damage Inc.

But if you look at thrash from the perspective of NWOBHM with hardcore punk elements, then really Orion is the only "not thrash" song because it's pretty much just classically inspired metal. Looking at Welcome Home, it's got some thrash in there.

Metallica's thrash leans more towards the NWOBHM roots wheras bands like Slayer and Exodus go more towards the punk roots.

Thank you, you're dead on I think. I would also call Leper Messiah and Sanitarium (2nd half, starting at about 3:40) mid-paced thrash songs.

you explained that so beautifully that i have no choice but to put my faith in your words. i have been blinded all this time...

that makes perfect sense, i never looked at it that way for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.