Best 80's guitar duos

How have Shermann/Denner not been mentioned? They both fucking own, Melissa and Don't Break The Oath are two of the best albums both song-wise and lead-wise. I think they're probably the best duo of the 80's. Period.

How have Shermann/Denner not been mentioned? They both fucking own, Melissa and Don't Break The Oath are two of the best albums both song-wise and lead-wise. I think they're probably the best duo of the 80's. Period.

You don't have to say that you "think" so - it's a definite fact, and everyone else just have to acknowledge it. If they don't, well ... too bad for them :)

c.

Good call. King always had great people around him.

Hey, Dubbykins!

How young do you think I am? Sheesh! I may have been a wee little lad when Holland was around, but I was certainly more than a gleam in my mother's eye! In fact, I managed to catch them live when they did a very short-lived reunion.

Anyway, Batio's solo material is actually pretty good, particularly "No Boundaries." It's usually when he has a singer up front that he begins to play all retardedly.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Smith/Murray for me - hard for me to say otherwise. I'm a Maiden maniac so that was easy.

Props to 7th Saviour for giving a nod to Michael Sweet and Oz Fox - 2 very underrated players. Seen 'em live and they are technically spot on.
Thanks, man! Agreed on both counts! The new Stryper CD is due out this year! Can't wait to see their next tour!

Grapow/Weikath

Hey, Dubbykins!

How young do you think I am? Sheesh! I may have been a wee little lad when Holland was around, but I was certainly more than a gleam in my mother's eye! In fact, I managed to catch them live when they did a very short-lived reunion.

Anyway, Batio's solo material is actually pretty good, particularly "No Boundaries." It's usually when he has a singer up front that he begins to play all retardedly.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

You sir, are NOT allowed to call me Dubbykins! :lol:

So how old were you when the Holland was released? :heh:

Seriously, I'm just dredging as much crap as I can... :lol:
There is nada, zero, zilch, nuttin' I can say good about Batio's solo stuff. There's just so much better instrumental stuff out there (IMO). I literally got dry heaves the first time I listened to Nitro.....:lol: I have nothing against him personally, but I don't know why he's gotten as far as he has, and someone like Dave Urich is pretty much unknown... I like to think I'm mostly open minded musically, but Batio to me is like sliding down that razor blade divider on the bannister...... Ouch! :zombie:

Dan Wexler & John Aquilino from Icon in the mid 80's. Were pretty good live but never really got any mention

Very wierd timing, but I'm actually sitting here listening to Icon - Right Between the Eyes as I ready through this thread. I haven't listened to this CD in over a decade... Just struck me as odd.

Matheos / Arduini - Spectre Within
Rob Cannovino / Merritt Gant - Overkill - Horrorcsope/I Hear Black
Craig Wells / Kurdt Vanderhoof - Metal Church s 2 defining discs
Tony Fredianelli / Chip Chrovian - Apocrypha ...Eyes of Time & Area 54 are classics~

OMG!!! How could we forget the great interplay between these two...on the greatest CD of all time!!!

Slash and Izzy Stradlin!!!!

also

Joe Perry and Brad Whitford