Your Favorite Twin Guitar Duos?

Wicked Child

DYNO-MITE!
Mar 4, 2003
Vista, CA
Visit site
Ah, yes....the dual harmonies......that great sound it makes......

SO, People! Who are YOUR favorite Guitar duos, your kings of the dual harmonies?

Mine are:

Smith/Murray(Iron Maiden)
Downing/Tipton(Judas Priest)
Gorham/Robertson(Thin Lizzy)
Hetfield/Hammet(Metallica)
Wilton/DeGarmo(Queensryche)
Hanson/Weikath(Helloween)

Collen/Clark (Def Leppard) - For Hysteria alone! Awesome textures!
DeMartini/Crosby (Ratt)
Tipton/Downing (Priest)
Wilton/DeGarmo (Queensryche)

I like the twin guitar teams who achieve really cool textures with their parts. Listen to alot of Ratt stuff closely to what the 2 guitars are doing against each other and it sounds awesome! Makes the song much more interesting than doubling the parts. And Def Leppard did that better than anybody ever has on Hysteria in my opinion.

Mustaine/Friedman(Megadeth)
Kulick/Stanley(Revenge era KISS)
Keifer/LaBar(Cinderella)
though I must admit I would pick
Downing & Tipton over all the ones I have just listed any day....

again I would have to agree with every one about Glenn and KK being probably thee best guitar duo in metal. Right behind them would have to be Dave Murray and Adrian Smith though. About Slayer doing some harmonies, I believe they could be heard a little bit in the first album, The Chrionics or Final Comand.

Wicked Child said:
Ah, yes....the dual harmonies......that great sound it makes......

SO, People! Who are YOUR favorite Guitar duos, your kings of the dual harmonies?

Mine are:

Smith/Murray(Iron Maiden)
Gorham/Robertson(Thin Lizzy)
Hanson/Weikath(Helloween)

Well, I've been listening to alot of Iced Earth lately, especially the first four albums, so with that said....i can't believe i am now adding Jon Schaffer/Randy Shawver to my list. Their chemistry is amazing. Too bad Randy's not in the band anymore...

Murray/Smith or Murray/Gers. Preferably Murray/Smith.
Mustaine/Friedman

And even though it's an Old School forum.... Akerfeldt&Lindgren.

Shermann/Denner (Mercyful Fate)
Murray/Smith (Iron Maiden)

well not along with making direct harmonies, but slayer has made great solos that have awesome trade offs int hem, but, slayer has done some dual guitar work, im at a loss for song names, haunting the chapel has some of them i think, not the song but the cd.