Really old school; post your favorite 70s albums

May I spamm Some More (Remember the band More "Warhead")

KIM:
been in jail for a thousand years / found a fist in an empty field
only quarters for meals / feel the way i feel...
C (KIM & GEDDY)
bust the busters / screw the feeders / make the healers / feel the way i feel
GEDDY:
tried to understand the white man's fears
make 'em bend but they wouldn't yield
uncle sam's time is only a greased wheel / feel the way i feel--C

Wasaga Beach

hot sun and tan / yeah, dontcha just scream
boy, what sand / sand sand sand / say cheese
paddle boats / surf ladies in shorts / up and down the coast we coast
yeah, we cry / research at beach resorts
line up crowds at the pavilion / Max is playing "Vacations"
we're in newport for research / to get abreast of thing /
to get get a breast of things / take your tourist toys to the concert
we've just researched wasaga beach / bonfire pits at midnight
hangover rhymes at sunrise six
what is it that we stare at? / is it the passports and campsite stars?
or the monogrammed bikinis and cars?
or maybe we just need some perspiration 'cause we're frostbitten Canadian boys
put on your sunglasses / get in on the parade
we're gonna cruise the beach / we just might get crazed / c'mon research go
line up crowds on weekends / Max is playing "Vacations"

Troyanasy said:
May I spamm Some More (Remember the band More "Warhead")

KIM:
been in jail for a thousand years / found a fist in an empty field
only quarters for meals / feel the way i feel...
C (KIM & GEDDY)
bust the busters / screw the feeders / make the healers / feel the way i feel
GEDDY:
tried to understand the white man's fears
make 'em bend but they wouldn't yield
uncle sam's time is only a greased wheel / feel the way i feel--C
Although a good song I find it a bit overrated because the members of that other canadian band are singing and playing on it. What was the name of that band now again???

Troyanasy said:
Wasaga Beach

hot sun and tan / yeah, dontcha just scream
boy, what sand / sand sand sand / say cheese
paddle boats / surf ladies in shorts / up and down the coast we coast
yeah, we cry / research at beach resorts
line up crowds at the pavilion / Max is playing "Vacations"
we're in newport for research / to get abreast of thing /
to get get a breast of things / take your tourist toys to the concert
we've just researched wasaga beach / bonfire pits at midnight
hangover rhymes at sunrise six
what is it that we stare at? / is it the passports and campsite stars?
or the monogrammed bikinis and cars?
or maybe we just need some perspiration 'cause we're frostbitten Canadian boys
put on your sunglasses / get in on the parade
we're gonna cruise the beach / we just might get crazed / c'mon research go
line up crowds on weekends / Max is playing "Vacations"
Research (at Beach Resorts) :)

Hawk said:
Let me know if you like them :)
It´s a bit difficult to build a well-founded opinion from listening to just a few sound-clips, but from what I´ve heard I can say that I like the music, yet I wouldn´t buy the album. I think there was a short passage in the second sound-clip which seemed to feature some overtone/throat singing, but it seems that most songs on this album are pure instrumental stuff and I definitely prefer albums with vocals. I mean, if there´s just one instrumental piece on an album, it´s still OK, as well as songs with very long instrumental passages, but entire albums without any vocals (or vocals on just one or two songs) just don´t do it for me, it´s like there´s something missing. Sorry!

Actually, I do have a few purely instrumental albums, but I listen to them very, very rarely, because after a few songs they start to bore me. Not necessarily because the songs themselves are boring, but, well, I don´t know how to put it...it´s just not enough for me. Don´t know if this makes any sense to you, but that´s the way it is.

Hawk said:
Nice list Wyvern
Domo arigato :D I only posted albums I have in my collection, of course if I have to include stuff I don't have I'll need to put Kansas, AC/DC, Triumph, Uriah Heep, King Crimson, ELP, Boston, Magma, Atol, Tangerine Dream, more Yes, more Jethro Tull, Amon Düül II, Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM), Goblin, Van Der Graff Generator, some Queen, some Genesis, etc.

There are so many great 70's albulms. Here are my favs's:

Black Sabbath- Black Sabbath
Black Sabbath- Paranoid
Black Sabbath- Master of Reality
Black Sabbath- Vol. 4
Black Sabbath- Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Black Sabbath- Sabatoge
Black Sabbath- Technical Ecstasy
Black Babbath- Never Say Die
AC/DC- High Voltage
AC/DC- Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheep (it wasn't released in the US until '81)
AC/DC- Let There be Rock
AC/DC- Powerage
AC/DC- If You Want Blood, You Got It
AC/DC- Highway to Hell
Alice Cooper- Love it to Death
Alice Cooper- School's Out
Alice Cooper- Billion Dollar Babies
Alice Cooper- Welcome to my Nightmare
KISS- Kiss
KISS- Hotter Than Hell
KISS- Dressed to Kill
KISS- Alive
KISS- Destroyer
KISS- Rock 'n Roll Over
KISS- Love Gun
KISS- Alive II
KISS- all 4 of the solo albulms
KISS- Dynasty
Aerosmith- Aerosmith
Aerosmith- Get Your Wings
Aerosmith- Toys in the Attic
Aerosmith- Rocks
Aerosmith- Draw the Line
Aerosmith- Live Bootleg
Aerosmith- Night in the Ruts
Judas Priest- Rocka Rolla
Judas Priest- Stained Class

Oh I don't mind advice at all. In fact I am very happy you can make a good living with music. I thinik it's great you have some music that is on tv as well.

Unfortunately for me, I have never been very good at self promotion. While you did sggest a manager/lawyer it seems like I would need some kind of plan before finding that individual and I wouldn't know where to start.
Also while I don't think I have a complete lack of creativity, I am a better technician and problem solver than a pure artist. What I mean is my true talent is more taking maybe a melody someone hums or sings or even a basic chord progression someone has written on acoustic or something and turning it into a complete song.
Versatility isn't a problem. I play acoustic, electric, bass and drums and can play metal, rock, southern rock and folk etc. I don't have the feel for jazz, nor am I versed on the odd chord phrasings they use but most everything else I could handle if I needed to for money. :loco:

Bryant

Troyanasy said:
How can you not??
Man has there been any shit German bands??
Not many if any

You've got that right. When I think of my top ten bands, German bands take up four to five of those slots depending on my mood that day. When they get it together, those Krauts turn into a metal factory. To relate this back to the 70's it was hard to beat The Scorps until Accept came along :loco: Germany still cranks them out as well.

Bryant

Bryant said:
You've got that right. When I think of my top ten bands, German bands take up four to five of those slots depending on my mood that day. When they get it together, those Krauts turn into a metal factory. To relate this back to the 70's it was hard to beat The Scorps until Accept came along :loco: Germany still cranks them out as well.

Bryant

A megabow to Bryant

:worship: :worship: :headbang:

Hawk said:
I have not read it. Does he mention Max Webster and Pavlov's Dog? Just so I can see he knows what he is talking about.

Popoff does not have any reviews for Pavlov's Dog in the book but he does review 6 Max Webster albums. After each review in the book he rates the album on a scale of 1 to 10 for twice. Once for how heavy the album is and then for how good the album is. On average he gives Max Webster a 5 on heaviness but he gave three albums a 10, one a 9 and one an 8.

Over the last year or so I've been investigating the more obscure 70's hard rock bands, and this book is a great place to get ideas on bands to look for. Some cool bands I've come across so far are---

Amulet
Poobah
Epitaph
Granmax
Truth and Janey
Sir Lord Baltimore

Popoff has other books on heavy metal (Heavy Metal Record Price Guide, The Collectors Guide To Heavy Metal, The Top 500 HM Songs, The Top 500 HM albums) plus he writes for the Canadian metal mag BW & BK. The HM Price Guide is great!! Not so much for the prices but just for the info on obscure metal vinyl.

Like I said, I don't always agree with his reviews but his books are entertaining and worth checking out.

Hey Greeno

I don't know *any* of those bands. I heard of Sir Lord Baltimore and seen the album. I'll have to check those bands out.

Hawk said:
Hey Greeno

I don't know *any* of those bands. I heard of Sir Lord Baltimore and seen the album. I'll have to check those bands out.

Hawk, have you ever heard of a label called Monster Records? They've reissued some very cool obscure 70's hard rock albums. Checking out some of their releases is kind of what got me looking into the 70's underground.... plus an older guy at work hooks me up with some of this stuff. Check out their web site----

http://www.monsterrecords.com/monster/monsterframes2.html

The Amulet album the released is GREAT!!!