Best 80's Thrash Metal Band

I would have to say Testament. The Legacy was a great album but the thing about Testament is that they always out do themselves. Each new album is better than the last. They never sold out. Even after many line up changes its ALWAYS Testament. And lets face it Demonic and The Gathering are just plain BAD ASS.

SADUS (D.T.P = THIS IS THRASH!!)

DARK ANGEL

SEPULTURA

SLAYER

DEMOLITION HAMMER

SODOM

DESTRUCTION

KREATOR

D.R.I

RAZOR

I'd have to say these bands:

- Slayer
- Sodom
- Megadeth
- Testament
- Kreator

And one of the less-known, Slipknot. Not the shitty nu metal band, but the 80's thrash. :p They're pretty good (the thrash).

Is anyone a fan of Souls of Black from Testament (album)? I've always thought of that as their best work.

I think is pretty weak but not as bad as " The Ritual" (the only classic line-up era album I don't have).

I like 'Souls of Black' as a song but the rest of the album is quite forgettable, more or less the same problem with PWYP. I think that for that era the best still is TNO.

Metallica wrote the best music of '80s thrash metal bands, but a lot of their best songs at the time weren't straight thrash so Slayer takes the cake even though South of Heaven sucked. After that, Testament and Kreator I guess..

I like it the least of the first 5 Testament albums... production sucks which doesn't make it an easy listen... love Practice though, great album. And Ritual is underrated...
I really like PWYP, too. I see a lot of hate for it, though, here and on other boards. It's probably my favorite Testament album, actually. I never really got into The Legacy for some reason.

METALLICA IS CRAP AFTER CLIFF DIED......BOW DOWN TO SLAYER!!!!
megadeth,anthrax,artillary,vio-lence,s.o.d,d.r.i,carnivore,num skulls,kreator,sadus.SODOM love my M-16,sacred riech,sepultura,ANNIHILATOR love my warbird,metal chruch,nuclear assault,destruction,flotsam and jetsam,overkill,suicidal tendencies and more but METALLICA SUCKS!!!!!!!!(after 1992) show no mercy is a way better album than kill em all anyone u disagrees bring ur best arguement.

show no mercy is a way better album than kill em all anyone u disagrees bring ur best arguement.

1. The production was much better on Kill.
2. James is a better singer.
3. The songs on Kill 'em All have become regarded classics of the genre, and virtually every metal guitarist and bassist can play least one song off of Kill.
4. This is art and not sports. There is no empirical way to prove any album or song or band is better than any other. I have a personal preference for Kill 'em All, so ultimately I have just invalidated both your argument and my previous 3.

Earlier, I saw alot of talk about German thrash - Deathrow, Sodom, Kreator etc how about I mention LIVING DEATH & HOLY MOSES. Protected from Reality & Finished With the Dogs are both killers albums worthy of much praise.
Australia had a couple of strong debuts with Mortal Sin's "Mayhemic Destruction" & Hobbs Angel of Death "s/t" ok so not the "best" but "favourites" of mine :)

Earlier, I saw alot of talk about German thrash - Deathrow, Sodom, Kreator etc how about I mention LIVING DEATH & HOLY MOSES. Protected from Reality & Finished With the Dogs are both killers albums worthy of much praise.
Australia had a couple of strong debuts with Mortal Sin's "Mayhemic Destruction" & Hobbs Angel of Death "s/t" ok so not the "best" but "favourites" of mine :)

Great German thrash albums are Paradox's 'Heresy' and Vendetta's 'Brain Damage'. More on the melodic side but both are proper quality!

For some underlooked old Aussie thrash in the Mortal Sin vein give Addictive's 'Pity of Man' a try. I just picked it up last week and it's excellent! One of their former guitarists is in Mortal Sin's current line-up...