Best 80's Thrash Metal Band

I like some Overkill, though personally I'm not always hugely keen on Blitz's vocals. I really like Horrorscope though, really solid album, especially the last track, Soulitude, which isn't really thrashy but is just really damn good! I have a friend who absolutely loves Overkill though...

And to whoever likes technical thrash and hasn't heard Paradox: Get the album Heresy. It's absolutely stonkingly good :worship:

I like some Overkill but yeah the vocals are a little obnoxious. Never heard of this Paradox band.

Pestilence is a great death/thrash band. I love that Malleus Malificarum album.

Good man! Forbidden Evil is indeed excellent. Twisted into Form is more mature and complex but Forbidden Evil really is pretty glorious. The title track and Through Eyes of Glass especially. And the last track Follow Me is really quite complex. I think their technicality and arrangements really set them apart from a lot of other thrash bands... I think they're much more creative and individual than, say, Testament (though I love them too!). Russ Anderson's voice was also pretty remarkable...
i agree with you on that, their timing really just kinda sucked cuz they came out too late to really make their waves as one of the big 4 (5 if you want to say exodus).

They will unfortunately forever remain an extremely talented and underrated band

i agree with you on that, their timing really just kinda sucked cuz they came out too late to really make their waves as one of the big 4 (5 if you want to say exodus).

They will unfortunately forever remain an extremely talented and underrated band

I just bought tickets for their London gig in two weeks! Awesome :headbang:

Just heard Wargasm's Why Play Around? album for the first time, it's pretty good, especially the ten minute instrumental at the end. Have also been enjoying Coroner recently...

Apparently Forbidden may play their entire Twisted Into Form album on their upcoming dates... if they do it in London next week I may just die of over-awesomeness... it could be one of the greatest nights of my life!!

Apparently Forbidden may play their entire Twisted Into Form album on their upcoming dates...

That's a show I will also wish I could attend. I wonder why many bands lately are jumping into the we are gonna play the entire album on stage specially classic albums. I wonder if the Iron Maiden experiment playing only the classics is triggering an effect somehow.

In anycase I guess the fans are the winners. :kickass:

Yup, not sure why it's suddenly a trend but I love it... in the last couple of years I have seen Iron Maiden play the whole of AMOLAD (4 times), Queensryche play both Operation Mindcrimes in full and Testament doing their first two albums... Twisted would be the icing on the cake!!

Kreator
Sodom
Megadeth
Slayer
Exodus
Annihilator
Anthrax
Mercyful Fate
Nuclear Assault
Sepultura
Testament
Death Angel

I wish I was born early enough to see all these guys live! Most music these days, has gone all to hell. Everyone my age listens to so much, bullshit, its ridiculous.

Metal-4-Life

Yup, not sure why it's suddenly a trend but I love it... in the last couple of years I have seen Iron Maiden play the whole of AMOLAD (4 times), Queensryche play both Operation Mindcrimes in full and Testament doing their first two albums... Twisted would be the icing on the cake!!

damn the legacy and the new order!!!
your a lucky dude, i got free testament tickets but i couldn't go cuz it was on a tuesday in milwaukee and i had school the next day:cry:

Dude, gutted... Testament live are awesome! And yeah, I sat on a bus for a total of 24 hours to see them play Legacy and New Order, and it was so worth it. Absolutely immense. Apocalyptic City kicked my ass...