Best 80's Thrash Metal Band

Just checking out Deathrow's Deception Ignored - Holy shit! It's quite technical... will take a few listens until it sticks I think. But some of the best albums are like that, such as Realm's Suiciety... it's definitely excellent, thanks a lot!
I would say that might have been the first tech thrash album I heard,it was either Decption Ignored or Forbidden Evil. Either way DI was more tech anyway.

I would say that might have been the first tech thrash album I heard,it was either Decption Ignored or Forbidden Evil. Either way DI was more tech anyway.

Is Forbidden Evil really tech? I suppose it is actually, maybe on the title track and Follow Me. But I think of it as a much straighter thrash album than Twisted Into Form, which is pretty tech all the way through. The addition of Tim Calvert did a lot for Forbidden's songwriting IMO. Everything got ten times more progressive once he was in the band, the song structures went mental! That's an untouchable album for me really :lol:

Is Forbidden Evil really tech? I suppose it is actually, maybe on the title track and Follow Me. But I think of it as a much straighter thrash album than Twisted Into Form, which is pretty tech all the way through. The addition of Tim Calvert did a lot for Forbidden's songwriting IMO. Everything got ten times more progressive once he was in the band, the song structures went mental! That's an untouchable album for me really :lol:
Yeah,Twisted...was more so tech then Forbidden Evil. You're the only other one I talked to on forums that recognized the importance of an album like Twisted Into Form. it almost seems like a lost jem cause if you mention thrash no one mentions them,it's always Metallica,Slayer,Megadeth and mabe Kreator or something.

I know, it's such a shame that they're so underrated... Like I may have said earlier, they are one of the few thrash bands who didn't borrow a single element of their sound from Metallica. You could listen to any of their albums without thinking of Metallica even once, which is quite rare... I love a lot of thrash but have hardly ever come across so ditinctive a band. It's just my favourite thrash album of them all I think, it never gets boring for me. Russ Anderson just had one of the greatest voices too... Now they're back together and hardly anyone seems to give a fuck. It's a shame! I went to Belgium to see them at Graspop last year... in fact the videos are on youtube, and I'm in them :lol:

The bald guy going mental 2 minutes in, that's me! I'm so proud :)

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, have you listened to the last Horcas album?, they really brought back the old classic thrash sound.

I didn´t listen the album yet. I don´t download (don´t know how to do it) and I have to wait for doing an order to Argentina or a friend travel there. "Asesino" was a little disappointing to me. I guess the new one is far better.

I didn´t listen the album yet. I don´t download (don´t know how to do it) and I have to wait for doing an order to Argentina or a friend travel there. "Asesino" was a little disappointing to me. I guess the new one is far better.

I can't download that material either, hard to find as far as I know. I bought it from a seller on e-Bay (new). And yes it's a big improvement from "Asesino" IMO.

P.S. La discografía de Horcas menos el último está en un sitio español de torrentes gratuito. Si querés (te interesa) que te explique como bajar los archivos mandame un mensaje personal.

Mr.Dave Mustaine was(and still is) on the throne of Thrash metal.

And what about PARADOX and classics such as Heresy and Product of Imagination?!
We must also mention Exorcist!

Ah yes, I heard the album Paradox released in 2007, very cool stuff, definitely far superior to anything Metallica has done in recent years.

Ah yes, I heard the album Paradox released in 2007, very cool stuff, definitely far superior to anything Metallica has done in recent years.

Haven't hear Paradox, but without flogging the dead horse basically anything in thrash recently is far superior than Metallica last 5 albums.

We must also mention Exorcist!

Sorry I didn't see this one before. You mean the band that put out "Nightmare Theatre" (an according to metal urban legend was actually people from Virgin Steele under fake names)? I LOVE that album, I have it on vinyl and on CD and if consider it more speed/traditional it's one of those cult gems you must have in your collection IMO. :worship:

I know, it's such a shame that they're so underrated... Like I may have said earlier, they are one of the few thrash bands who didn't borrow a single element of their sound from Metallica. You could listen to any of their albums without thinking of Metallica even once, which is quite rare... I love a lot of thrash but have hardly ever come across so ditinctive a band. It's just my favourite thrash album of them all I think, it never gets boring for me. Russ Anderson just had one of the greatest voices too... Now they're back together and hardly anyone seems to give a fuck. It's a shame! I went to Belgium to see them at Graspop last year... in fact the videos are on youtube, and I'm in them :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZPdsFGIgM

Thats a great video man! I'd kill to see 'em live.

Wyvern, I think you'd really like Paradox. Although they got "cleaner" with age, the debut Product was still very accessible but very thrash-tastic.

Kill the beast!

Wyvern, I think you'd really like Paradox. Although they got "cleaner" with age, the debut Product was still very accessible but very thrash-tastic.

Kill the beast!

Well another band to the check-up list :D, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayZPdsFGIgM

Just wondering, do you like Overkill? I like Overkill and Forbidden. Not as much as some other thrash bands but..

Haven't hear Paradox
Sins from the past!
If you're true metalhead(and you are!)you can buy it without any doubt.

Sorry I didn't see this one before. You mean the band that put out "Nightmare Theatre" (an according to metal urban legend was actually people from Virgin Steele under fake names)? I LOVE that album, I have it on vinyl and on CD and if consider it more speed/traditional it's one of those cult gems you must have in your collection IMO. :worship:
Damian Rath is Mr.David DeFeis!
"Call for the exorcist" got the same chorus as Virgin Steele "Fire of Ecstasy".

Btw,did anyone mentioned Znowhite?

Damian Rath is Mr.David DeFeis!
"Call for the exorcist" got the same chorus as Virgin Steele "Fire of Ecstasy".

Btw,did anyone mentioned Znowhite?

Yeah, curiously I like Exorcist a lot despite the vocals, but I don't like Virgin Steele because of DeFeis vocals, weird isn't it? :err:

I think I mentioned Znowhite, great band indeed I must thanks Carnut for getting me into them. :hotjump:

How silly of me of course I have listened to Paradox..well not exactly. I have them playing 'Dynamite' in a tribute to Scorpions. Must check their original material.

BTW, did I mentioned Forte? Great band to check if you haven't yet.

Just wondering, do you like Overkill? I like Overkill and Forbidden. Not as much as some other thrash bands but..

I like some Overkill, though personally I'm not always hugely keen on Blitz's vocals. I really like Horrorscope though, really solid album, especially the last track, Soulitude, which isn't really thrashy but is just really damn good! I have a friend who absolutely loves Overkill though...

And to whoever likes technical thrash and hasn't heard Paradox: Get the album Heresy. It's absolutely stonkingly good :worship:

I like some Overkill, though personally I'm not always hugely keen on Blitz's vocals. I really like Horrorscope though, really solid album, especially the last track, Soulitude, which isn't really thrashy but is just really damn good! I have a friend who absolutely loves Overkill though...

And to whoever likes technical thrash and hasn't heard Paradox: Get the album Heresy. It's absolutely stonkingly good :worship:
soltitude is my favorite overkill song. I actually just gave forbidden a first listen the other day, i listened to their 1st album forbidden evil and i must say it is excellent.

Good man! Forbidden Evil is indeed excellent. Twisted into Form is more mature and complex but Forbidden Evil really is pretty glorious. The title track and Through Eyes of Glass especially. And the last track Follow Me is really quite complex. I think their technicality and arrangements really set them apart from a lot of other thrash bands... I think they're much more creative and individual than, say, Testament (though I love them too!). Russ Anderson's voice was also pretty remarkable...