Best 80's Thrash Metal Band

Let´s recomend a couple more. I guess they aren´t written along this thread. 2 amazing singers, Mike Soliz and Ski :worship:.

MILITIA: They played at KIT. I consider them a rawer and more primitive Watchtower version. Check their only EP "The sybling" or the compilation "Released". Excellent stuff, bad sound.

DEADLY BLESSING: What a band! Half US power metal half thrash, "Ascend from the cauldron" is a must have. Overwhelming singer, Ski, one of my personal favourites.

Forbidden are my favourite. But I love a lot of thrash. I tend to go for more melodic rather than the really brutal stuff, but having said that, most of it will rocket my pocket. Demolition Hammer for example are brutal and I love them. Some of my other favourites are:

Realm
Testament
Heathen
Sacred Reich
Atrophy
Exodus
Kreator
Mortal Sin
Paradox
Suicidal Tendencies
Xentrix

Recently heard Vendetta's album Brain Damage, and all I can say is fucking wow! Awesome technical progressive melodic German forgotten 80s brilliance! Also heard Risk and Grinder this week, both great too. It seems there was an overlooked undercurrent of melodic German Thrash which was overshadowed by the more brutal stuff...

I just realize I never posted my list on this thread :lol:, so I'm gonna hang from Caveman and go from there.

Forbidden are my favourite. But I love a lot of thrash. I tend to go for more melodic rather than the really brutal stuff,

Testament
Heathen
Atrophy
Suicidal Tendencies
Xentrix

I'm along your lines, I need my thrash well played and if possible with clean vocals said that I'll add to your list:

Classic thrash

Coroner (my all time favorite, best band in the world)
Anacrusis
Mekong Delta (first three albums)
Znöwhite
Megadeth (if you consider them thrash)
Metallica (up to AJFA and again if you consider them thrash)
Anthrax
Toxik
Witchhammer (NOR)
Stos (POL)
Intruder
Hallows Eve (first three albums)
Horcas (ARG)
Hellhammer
Angel Dust (first two albums)
Death Angel
Forbidden (first two albums)
Flotsam And Jetsam (first two albums)
Laaz Rockit (first album)
Nasty Savage
Pariah (not strictly pure thrash but close to it).

Speed-thrash

Zoetrope
Savage Steel
Chainsaw (NL)

Speed

ADX (FR)
Killers (FR)
Exciter (CAN)
Hellhound (JAP)
Hammerhawk (NL)
Abattoir
Acid (BEL)

Crossover

Suicidal Tendencies
Hirax

Power thrash

Metal Church
Meliah Rage

On my limit of resistance

Kreator (just a few albums)
Dark Angel (one album)
Sodom (until and including "Agent Orange")

And for post 80's thrash

Abandoned (just below Coroner in my scale :D)
Fueled By Fire
Evile
Venom (the new albums are very thrashy to me)
Imperium
Turbo ("Awatar" is a really heavy thrash album then they reverted to classic metal)

My tagging can be debated, but I have a very strict concept of what is thrash, pure thrash. That's why I make so many differences.

I'm along your lines, I need my thrash well played and if possible with clean vocals
How am I not surprised... :rolleyes: as for me... my favorite is probably Sacred Reich (along with Metallica on the first 3 albums only)...

two other bands I didn't see anyone mention that I like are :

DRI

Nuclear Assault

Recently heard Vendetta's album Brain Damage, and all I can say is fucking wow! Awesome technical progressive melodic German forgotten 80s brilliance! Also heard Risk and Grinder this week, both great too. It seems there was an overlooked undercurrent of melodic German Thrash which was overshadowed by the more brutal stuff...

Check out Deathrow's Deception Ignored as well. They were pretty Kreator-ish on their first two albums but made a huge turn with that third album. Melodic, progressive, and awesome.

EDIT: And since people are making lists, my top 10 would look approximately like...

Anacrusis
Artillery
Coroner
Destruction
Exodus
Megadeth
Metal Church
Metallica
Realm
Watchtower

Horcas (ARG)

"Argentina, tus hijos ya no pueden más,
Argentina, tus hijos mendigan el pan" :worship:

From Argentina, let´s add HERMETICA. "Hermética" and "Acido argentino" are two of the greatest metal albums in spanish.

If you don´t know them, check it:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPvOIqYml9Q&feature=related[/ame]

"Argentina, tus hijos ya no pueden más,
Argentina, tus hijos mendigan el pan" :worship:

From Argentina, let´s add HERMETICA. "Hermética" and "Acido argentino" are two of the greatest metal albums in spanish.

Hombre te has rajado! :hotjump:

Hermética for me was more traditional/speed and even if I had all their albums I always have a hard time digesting the vocals, but in general terms all their studio albums do well for me. 'Gil Trabajador' is probably one of their best songs.

BTW, have you listened to the last Horcas album?, they really brought back the old classic thrash sound.

Really? I could've sworn you'd love Know Your Enemy and Annihilation Principle.

Well it's the only one I have so far :eek: and didn't impressed me so much. But I will look upon your recommendations. Thanks.

two other bands I didn't see anyone mention that I like are :

DRI

DRI for me along with SOD are hardcore not thrash.

Annihilation Principle is a good album for sure! I love finding people that are into the same stuff as me... that's quite a comprehensive list Wyvern, loads of good bands on there. Also loving HamburgerBoy's appreciation for Realm... a sadly underrated band, technically brilliant but never got the acclaim they deserved... I will check that Death Row album too... Anyone into Heresy by Paradox? That's a great fucking record!

One of the best thrash debuts ever from the original sadistic sinners INCUBUS!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnBU9eWGOpw&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkIXTm3m4Xk&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYxW_yzrnTI&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XntEljfDPPw&feature=related[/ame]

I remember Realm and Deathrow,they were never all that well known. Here are a few more I was always into.

Demolition Hammer
Nuclear Assault
Destruction
Coroner
Anacrusis
Sacrifice
Dark Angel
Defiance
Atrophy
Xentrix
Sacrament
Seventh Angel
Detritus
Deliverance
Death Angel
Anthrax
Slayer
Kreator

Just checking out Deathrow's Deception Ignored - Holy shit! It's quite technical... will take a few listens until it sticks I think. But some of the best albums are like that, such as Realm's Suiciety... it's definitely excellent, thanks a lot!

Well it's the only one I have so far :eek: and didn't impressed me so much. But I will look upon your recommendations. Thanks.

They changed styles quite drastically with Know Your Enemy.. and definitely for the better IMO. I think it should be right up your alley.

DRI for me along with SOD are hardcore not thrash.

Well, they're crossover.. but if you choose to count that as a part of the thrash moniker or not seems rather arbitrary to me..

Is anyone here into Cerebral Fix? I just listened to their debut and I thought it was really interesting and a lot better than I had expected.

Abrasive-but-not-death-or-black vocals are best. Coroner, Anacrusis, Destruction, and Exodus are all proof of this.

EDIT: Well, except for Mark Antoni and Jason McMaster, but even those guys are pretty intense for being clean.

Mr.Dave Mustaine was(and still is) on the throne of Thrash metal.

And what about PARADOX and classics such as Heresy and Product of Imagination?!
We must also mention Exorcist!