Best album - #3 - MY DYING BRIDE.

Which MDB album is your favourite?

• Total voters
atfw: brilliant album... sear me, the forever people, vast choirs etc

although all mdb ever really needed to communicate is manifested in "symphonaire infernus et spera empyrium" on the ep of the same name

BRILLIANT

as a general rule their first three ep's fucking kicked ass, probably even more than the full length. GOOOOOOOOD! IIIIIIIIIS! ALOOOOOOOOOONE

Dodens Grav said:
i would have mayhaps chosen it if it were an option in the poll

but probably atfw edges it out still because trinity doesn't really flow so well as an album, but some of its songs are stronger individually than any track on atfw

I have never heard any My Dying Bride. They have been on my list of bands to check out for ages and always seem to get skipped.

::ashamed::

Dodens Grav said:
Listen to Trinity and As The Flower Withers if you like Death/Doom.
^

most importantly, these songs:

SYMPHONAIRE INFERNUS ET SPERA EMPYRIUM
god is alone
the forever people
sear me (not one of the follow-ups, only the original)
i am the bloody earth

I have "[Whatever] Percent...Complete". It's alright. I don't like the vocals too much, but most of the music is pretty good. I listen to it on rare occasion. Is there other stuff much different? I think I heard a clip from their newest album and it had deathy vocals mixed with clean singing. I liked that a little more than the one that I have.

Impudent said:
I have "[Whatever] Percent...Complete". It's alright. I don't like the vocals too much, but most of the music is pretty good. I listen to it on rare occasion. Is there other stuff much different? I think I heard a clip from their newest album and it had deathy vocals mixed with clean singing. I liked that a little more than the one that I have.

Percent is their most unique, unusual album. Everything else they have done has a trademark MDB sound, percent is absolutely different.

Erik said:
it is a compilation of the "symphonaire infernus et spera empyrium", "the thrash of naked limbs" and "i am the bloody earth" ep's. they were released before aftw, after aftw, and after tlts respectively.

it leaves out "transcending (into the exquisite)" from the last of the ep's which is a good thing because that song fucking blows dick

also it has "the sexuality of bereavement" as a bonus track

I had the last two as bonus tracks on some other two albums, I think. I like Sexuality Of Bereavement.

I think I should get Trinity. The ASFW sound isn't my favourite, but I sure would like to hear more music done in the same style by the same band.

Erik said:
"turn loose the swans" is ok but i can't deal with aaron's clean voice, it basically fucking sucks. A LOT. "sear me mcmxciii" rules though. also "your river"

"the angel and the dark river" is 90% untolerable. fucking CHRIST his vocals are shit on that one... the only song i can even listen to is "the cry of mankind"

I dunno, I think it is an acquired taste. But to me, the more unacceptable Aaron sounds, the more I like. It kinda suits the music too, I think.

Oh yeah, and I like the first two songs on TLTS are the best. Those two and Crown Of Sympathy IMO.